CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: multiple characters
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:01 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I'm not much of a roleplayer either. I'm more of a "silent" roleplayer, I care what my character's personality is like, I do have a mock up backstory in my head of what made him/her that way and I create my character according to that including my choice of race (ugly is always an option, a good looking pirate for example in some games just doesn't work, and there is always the chubby circus master or the middle aged military general woman).

Having a personality and a purpose affects the way I play the game, the choices I make, the things I say etc... it creates much more immersion, knowing how my character interacts with the world around him/her and why.

Now how I do it, I either have a personality in mind from the start or - if I'm out of ideas - I keep hitting the randomizer until something comes across that inspires a certain feel, which then I fine-tweak or choose another race to recreate it if I feel it fits better.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:45 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

There is no wrong or right way to play, so everyone's choice of role-playing is right, for them. our objective is to give you a world that is real enough that you think of it as a real place rather than a game. We want players to get lost in the story, to become a part of it. You can role play your character to do this, or be yourself, but in either case, we hope you see this as an alternate reality where you may escape to when the 'real' world becomes annoying, boring, or painful. Or when you just want a change of scenery. :)

Personally, I do little role-playing in an MMO (in terms of acting like someone else). I prefer to be myself, just in a different world. In CoS I will see myself as the Fallen Hero I am playing, meaning I once followed the Enchantress and was killed hundreds of year ago. I have lost my memories of that time, but I would like to know who I was back then. But, other than my history, I am still me, in personality.

Others prefer to play someone else, it's all good.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:56 pm 
Fallen Hero

Thats deep... :lol:

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:00 pm 
Citadel Guardian

Jatar wrote:
You can role play your character to do this, or be yourself, but in either case, we hope you see this as an alternate reality where you may escape to when the 'real' world becomes annoying, boring, or painful. Or when you just want a change of scenery. :)

That sentence is the whole reason I play MMO's and RP from time to time. No better way to do it ,second to this is reading a well written book.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie