CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: multiple characters
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:37 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

But I think I should concentrate on at most 2 characters. Or I will never be good in anything with anyone. :D

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:46 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

My feeling exactly. Two characters is what I'm shooting for also, to play as my mood changes.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:48 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Yh u guyz can play as 2 different characters and also do different things also......

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 pm 

Max wrote:
Role playing wise, i can see why the need for having multiple characters, that is self evident, am with you on that one :)
However I noticed that you additionally mentioned races, and the individualities of each. Which makes me think that perhaps there has been a bit of confusion in regards to this..a few facts as Jatar has related them to us up to now (you can skip to 4 for races):

1) All CoS abilities can be learned by a single character (and from various, different avenues, some can even drop as a form of 'loot'). Emphasis on learned. Not improved. (i.e. to their max efficiency).

2) All of them can be improved upon / maximised as long as the character is an active member of the respective League they touch upon, and only for as long as that character is a member of their respective League. Emphasis on active. Disassociating from a given League will instantly cause a sort of an internal "hard cap" on 'x' League-related ability, rendering it impossible to improve it further. It may still be used however.

3) A character's switching Leagues is also possible (see n1 as to the reason behind this), at any time whatsoever. That will involve a monetary cost, with the addition of possibly other forms of prerequisites such as quests, tasks, et cetera.

4) A character's race may also be changed within the game. We are meant to understand, though it has not be touched upon, that it would entail a significant amount of effort, but it is possible.

All of the races were created through sorcery , All Fallen Heros are of the blood which means they all have inate overdose of what is required to being a sorceror/er.
So I am guessing that with power comes the ability to transform. As all the races were created this way. All guesses but lets see, probably a nice long quest for each.

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Changing from one race to another does require effort and time, however it is a very cool option. I am on the other side of the coin because I generally relate to my character so much, I will probably choose one race (after human or maybe even human) and stay whatever race I choose. I will probably play several different characters, and choose which one to play depending on my mood. I don't want to have to alter my character personality by changing races from say Gargoyle to Tyven, but I know a lot of people don't care about that. Since I am not going to push through the game, it doesn't matter to me that it will be slower by using several characters. That is the great thing about our system, you choose who you want to be in terms of race and abilities, how you want to play, and neither is the right or wrong way, it is just your way.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FYI - Jatar and I have been on opposite sides of the fence about playing multiple characters from the very beginning. It is one of the reasons we have so much choice, two designers with very different play styles.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Celimah wrote:
FYI - Jatar and I have been on opposite sides of the fence about playing multiple characters from the very beginning. It is one of the reasons we have so much choice, two designers with very different play styles.

Nice thing about that is, in the end, it's the player that wins :)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 pm 

Celimah wrote:
Changing from one race to another does require effort and time, however it is a very cool option. I am on the other side of the coin because I generally relate to my character so much, I will probably choose one race (after human or maybe even human) and stay whatever race I choose. I will probably play several different characters, and choose which one to play depending on my mood. I don't want to have to alter my character personality by changing races from say Gargoyle to Tyven, but I know a lot of people don't care about that. Since I am not going to push through the game, it doesn't matter to me that it will be slower by using several characters. That is the great thing about our system, you choose who you want to be in terms of race and abilities, how you want to play, and neither is the right or wrong way, it is just your way.

I have serious problems , that I come to love my charachters and sadly to change race may be too much of a trauma for me so I may be stuck with Human. But the supersticion elements may scare me, or increae my paranoia to the point where i have to change.
I am looking forward to this element of the game it should be fumn.

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:48 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Celimah wrote:

I am in this boat. I like to have different play style options depending on my mood and I dont want to have to alter my main character to go the other way. Plus from a roleplaying (minor version) standpoint, I like to have two different characters (read 2 different races) and not just use the option to change the look. I would play my Tyven differently than I would my Verden.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:58 pm 
Patron Herald
Patron Herald

NightAngel wrote:
Celimah wrote:

I am in this boat. I like to have different play style options depending on my mood and I dont want to have to alter my main character to go the other way. Plus from a roleplaying (minor version) standpoint, I like to have two different characters (read 2 different races) and not just use the option to change the look. I would play my Tyven differently than I would my Verden.

I am not much of a roleplayer so story about a particular character or race doesn't affect me much. The way I pick and choose what I want to play depends on what type of character I want to play at that given moment that I make a character. Melee, ranged, caster, etc. As far as race goes, I pick that based on what several factors. Whether or not there are any racial bonuses that are suited to what type of character I want to play and how the race looks. I am pretty picky on races. I mostly tend to play human characters or races that come close to looking like humans but with minor differences like elves or dwarves. I tend not to play races that look "ugly" from my point of view but I have played a few of them over the years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie