CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: towns
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:40 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Recyrexor wrote:
What might be fun is to allow us to have some unique unconventional stores. Like I would open a night club, or music lounge. Pay bards to play every so often to draw in a crowd. Entertainment is a fun profession that not many games use.

I would hire barmaids, maintenance crew, cashier. I could upload different songs to play through virtual speakers.

Also the architecture and location of a civilization is important. Cliff-sides, waterfalls, islands, harbors, mountains, dry deserts, bitter cold tundras, and maybe even inside trees? I love it when game designers take the extra mile to develop a breathtaking scenery.

Good thoughts...and without revealing TOO much, there are plenty of places in the Citadel where you can put on your own productions, stand up and speak to players nearby, and more!

"Purging is at last at hand. Day of Doom is here. All that is evil, all their allies; your parents, your leaders, those who would call themselves your judges; those who have lied and corrupted the Earth, they shall all be cleansed." ~Thulsa Doom

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:39 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Jatar wrote:
sanoh wrote:
guess i mean like, if we are a blacksmith would we be able to open up a weapon or armour store? im guessing there will be the other standard professions also ingame such as herbalist, miner, tailor, chef and alchemist. maybe a person that takes gear apart to get basic materials from gear, but for those professions would we be able to make our own store and if so be able to name it?

Basically, yes. Players must lease land from the Guild, get approval for a type of business they wish to run, and then select and construct their home/business location near the Guild Hall. You can then name and run your business, hire NPCs to do the daily work and sales, and slowly build your business (more on all of this later on). But players do NOT need to sit at their shop to do business, or work. You own it, manage it, and reap the benefits, but don't have to do the tedious daily work, you can keep adventuring. Besides, you have Citadel obligations, there is a war on, and first and foremost you are a Fallen Hero, not a shopkeeper.

I like this idea, a lot actually. The depth of this game seem truely refreshing, and unheard of. Kudos to great ideas for what looks to be a great game in the making.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:12 am 
Hero of the Citadel

I dont know if i can mention this but

would it b possible to have a small window opened to do whispered conversation????
the other conversations can b done in the normal chat window itself......

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 am 

devilzxdemon wrote:
I dont know if i can mention this but

would it b possible to have a small window opened to do whispered conversation????
the other conversations can b done in the normal chat window itself......

I may be wrong and can't find it but a lot of conversation will be localised in communal areas , in others i really hope they don't have global channels of any type. I can't remember a game released recently where the feature you talk about is not available <tabs> and filters exist in most .

What I really want to see is localised chat and probably expect to see it as theres a lot in game with respect to stealth , tracking and sound may make up a key part of this with chat being picked up where listening skills allow it. If these exist who Knows ?

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:52 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Isane wrote:

I may be wrong and can't find it but a lot of conversation will be localised in communal areas , in others i really hope they don't have global channels of any type.

I respectfully disagree. The nature of this game is different. We will be spending most of our time in our story reflected world where no one is around in the same area. I think not having some kind of a global chat (recruitment, trade, general chat etc) would make the game feel like a single player game which is harmful to MMOs. I do however hope they have filters to turn off the chat channels you don't wish to watch.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

amusedmonkey wrote:
Isane wrote:

I may be wrong and can't find it but a lot of conversation will be localised in communal areas , in others i really hope they don't have global channels of any type.

I respectfully disagree. The nature of this game is different. We will be spending most of our time in our story reflected world where no one is around in the same area. I think not having some kind of a global chat (recruitment, trade, general chat etc) would make the game feel like a single player game which is harmful to MMOs. I do however hope they have filters to turn off the chat channels you don't wish to watch.

CoS features a very deep chat system, with lots of controls for players. You may customize it to what you want. Example, there are global chat channels, but you don't have to use them, or even have them in your chat window. If you want to close yourself down to just your group, good for you.

For those that want global channels, there are lots. Basically, you can setup tabs at the top of your chat window for various things, lots of things, too many to go into right now. These do include specialized chat groupings, from All to your Group, your Guild, Auction, Looking to Group, and more. There are also whispers, and on top of the regular chat system, we have an Instant messaging system, that allows you to privately, and quickly send messages to small groupings of people, or individuals. I'm barely scratching the surface here... we know just how social an MMO can be for those that want that, and a chat system is an important part of that, and we are not taking this system lightly. It is also important for tactics communication. Anyway, enough of that, or I'll start getting into the actual design, which is many pages.

I'll end with, we think you will really like the choices you have in the chat and IM systems.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:33 pm 

amusedmonkey wrote:
Isane wrote:

UHm I didnt put that well , I aggree with what you are saying. What I mean to say was that I didnt want to see lots of spam in the Story Areas from a Global perspective and thats what the second paragraph was about which was really fishing about stealth noise speech in the Story Quest.

I think from what Jatar , stated is useful sounds like all the flexibility required is in , so that you can immerse in your own storyline when you wish and play chat junkie when you wish.

The story areas are 1-8 players +NPCs , if you dont invite anyone its one +NPCs. The massive from my perspective people wise is that lots of people can acces the game, and then they are available to choose what they want to do. This isn't a pure all people in one place MMO though.

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:36 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Isane wrote:
amusedmonkey wrote:
Isane wrote:

UHm I didnt put that well , I aggree with what you are saying. What I mean to say was that I didnt want to see lots of spam in the Story Areas from a Global perspective and thats what the second paragraph was about which was really fishing about stealth noise speech in the Story Quest.

I think from what Jatar , stated is useful sounds like all the flexibility required is in , so that you can immerse in your own storyline when you wish and play chat junkie when you wish.

The story areas are 1-8 players +NPCs , if you dont invite anyone its one +NPCs. The massive from my perspective people wise is that lots of people can acces the game, and then they are available to choose what they want to do. This isn't a pure all people in one place MMO though.

Not exactly true, several years ago we decided to add community worlds, fully massive multiplayer. We called these Community Reflected Worlds, CRWs. I am sure we have talked about these on here, search around.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:55 pm 

Isane wrote:
Jatar wrote:

Not exactly true, several years ago we decided to add community worlds, fully massive multiplayer. We called these Community Reflected Worlds, CRWs. I am sure we have talked about these on here, search around.

I understand the CRW World Piece which was supposed to be more like an traditional MMO area where you can do larger plot/raid type content. I didn't think that personal Storyline play Mixed through community areas, and that these were limited to "The Citadel" which is a starting point and that you had control who was invited which was upto an 8 player group.

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:06 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Good!!!!!!!

Glad thats been sorted out!!!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie