CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: towns
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:50 pm 

devilzxdemon wrote:
Good!!!!!!!

Glad thats been sorted out!!!!!!!!

What ?

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:51 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Isane wrote:

I understand the CRW World Piece which was supposed to be more like an traditional MMO area where you can do larger plot/raid type content. I didn't think that personal Storyline play Mixed through community areas, and that these were limited to "The Citadel" which is a starting point and that you had control who was invited which was upto an 8 player group.

Isane - you are correct. There will never be more than 8 players in your personal Storyline quests. This is still more people than any MMO allows to participate in any sort of personal quest, so we feel that it is definitely adaquate, especially considering all we have to plan for with the more players you introduce into our VERY complex storylines.

"Purging is at last at hand. Day of Doom is here. All that is evil, all their allies; your parents, your leaders, those who would call themselves your judges; those who have lied and corrupted the Earth, they shall all be cleansed." ~Thulsa Doom

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:45 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Recyrexor wrote:
What might be fun is to allow us to have some unique unconventional stores. Like I would open a night club, or music lounge. Pay bards to play every so often to draw in a crowd. Entertainment is a fun profession that not many games use.

I would hire barmaids, maintenance crew, cashier. I could upload different songs to play through virtual speakers.

Also the architecture and location of a civilization is important. Cliff-sides, waterfalls, islands, harbors, mountains, dry deserts, bitter cold tundras, and maybe even inside trees? I love it when game designers take the extra mile to develop a breathtaking scenery.

I agree it would be a cool idea being able to own a bar/tavern like establishment. Along with your ideas, drinks could be of course part of what you can be sold and they may have some funny "effects" to the player to make hanging out there actually enjoyable.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:24 pm 
Citadel Recruit

Is it possible to build on land other than near a guild hall? Or does it take a guild to survey the land to allow buildings/shops, then grant a lease or give land to be built on?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:42 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

CopperDragon wrote:
Is it possible to build on land other than near a guild hall? Or does it take a guild to survey the land to allow buildings/shops, then grant a lease or give land to be built on?

You don't need a human run guild to be able to build, you can join a garrison which is run by the citadel and build your house / shop around it.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:44 pm 
Fallen Hero

so, you say a guild or garrison is necassary. Could I found a "trader's guild" specifically to make a village?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 pm 
Citadel Guardian

enaz13 wrote:
Recyrexor wrote:
What might be fun is to allow us to have some unique unconventional stores. Like I would open a night club, or music lounge. Pay bards to play every so often to draw in a crowd. Entertainment is a fun profession that not many games use.

I would hire barmaids, maintenance crew, cashier. I could upload different songs to play through virtual speakers.

Also the architecture and location of a civilization is important. Cliff-sides, waterfalls, islands, harbors, mountains, dry deserts, bitter cold tundras, and maybe even inside trees? I love it when game designers take the extra mile to develop a breathtaking scenery.

I agree it would be a cool idea being able to own a bar/tavern like establishment. Along with your ideas, drinks could be of course part of what you can be sold and they may have some funny "effects" to the player to make hanging out there actually enjoyable.

What you say here is a very nice idea, which I do bet it will be in the game. Have a Tavern in the "Player Town" selling your very own player made drinks that might boost you up some stats or even help you get someone posioned in your story or even get them drunk for different purposes, obviously story related 8-) . It reminds me of the Chef back in SWG... :geek:

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:11 am 

Mystic wrote:
so, you say a guild or garrison is necassary. Could I found a "trader's guild" specifically to make a village?

No, Guild and Garrisons is where players can find homes and business locations. As of this time there has been no mention of allowing players to stake land in the wilderness..

Honestly that would be insanely unsafe to begin with......

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

There is nothing stopping you from forming a Guild for taverns and pubs only. As for the location, these are out surrounded by wilderness, but you can't build anywhere, instead you get to pick from a lot of locations. Each of these begins with a permanent portal and little else. Players have to build the rest.

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:02 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Jatar wrote:
There is nothing stopping you from forming a Guild for taverns and pubs only. As for the location, these are out surrounded by wilderness, but you can't build anywhere, instead you get to pick from a lot of locations. Each of these begins with a permanent portal and little else. Players have to build the rest.

So, legit question. By "a lot" do you mean "many locations to choose from" i.e. a ton, a whole bunch, or a lot of locations as in "i'm selling off my acreage. you can select any 1/20th from the lot".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie