CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:23 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Yeah, it wasn't until I saw a post about the Kickstarter on MMORPG that I looked into COS.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:54 pm 

I was browsing the web for a neat MMO to suck up some of my free time, and found CoS on the front page of mmohunter. Been lurking around here since then.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

At work, a few years back.
One of our designers told me about it..to be honest i'm surprised i have not seem him lurking here..are you, you little weasel? Putting me into the critter list..

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 am 
Patron Herald
Patron Herald

I got an email from a guild mate from EQ2 about the kickstart campaign. I checked it out and am very excited about the prospects of the game. I can't wait to play.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:15 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

once a month I have an urge to search Google for
mmo Living Worlds With skill based
Until I found mmo magic Then the games Site did not exist

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:36 am 

This was my first post back in may 2008, On MMORPG.com I cannot find anything Earlier than this , I was Impressed by what the game was supposed to deliver and also that Jatar kept turning up and doing his best to battle the MMORPG Demons.... You can also see from this that Jatar has been consistent all these years, the story i was getting then is consistent with now....

And I think I was probably sobering up I wust checked one of my old callendars, it was a Saturday so yes I had been out on the town in Manchester , Yang Sing.

This message was edited on 5/10/08 at 11:46:59 AM

"As far as the OP is concerned the game will cater for all types if quest pieces are well implemented. All quests will be built based on the factions and allegiances each individual has. Levels do exist but I think the context is that you gain additional skills per level so I see an unlimited scaling here. As well as the world where gauged encounters can be found there is instanced storyline , when in groups i guess the build will be baed on everyones factions ... I can see some interesting consequences here. A high level char joining a party and leaving once the instance starts and leaving the rest of the party with an interesting dilema, or maybe the quest pieces spawn as you wander about. The 8 charachter party will allow a lot of potential for community building. It seems like a advanced version of NetHack or DUngeon Hack from what I can see. As long as the generated storylines and quest pieces have some depth to them this will be a very interesting game. The concept of completing the mechanics first and graphics later appeals as well. This is one to look forward to. Raiding out small parties unlimited levels as all you gain is skills which give you your real power wonder what the level gives magic and health I guess...

The Casual/Hardcore argument will probably be the diff between people Questing or Adventuring more in this game i get the impression Adventuring my be more challenging. I lso guess Harcore=time and you mayt see Hardcore players concentrating more on abilities rather than storyline. "

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:50 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I simply was browsing around kickstarter after hearing about project eternity and found i was even more excited about this game. It was funny because my internet was acting up as i was watching the video and every second i watched it i wanted to see more but it took forever to actually play it all. I didn't even think twice before pledging for the game.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Well the kickstarter for planetary Annihilation ended with big success so i went looking on kickstarter for another interesting project, then i found this, watched the video and got amazed :p

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 am 
Citadel Recruit

A dev of another indie game posted about this one, so I checked it out. Quite nice to see indie devs helping each other out!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:44 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I also heard on it on MMORPG while it was nearing the end of the Kickstarter campaign. Despite my immediate pledge the KS didn't make it (Not that it was that huge to begin with, but I helped to kick start another KS-campaign by donating a mid level contribution when things were slow, so it never hurts to try.)

And I need a new game now City of Heroes is sunsetting pretty soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie