CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:17 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I was turned onto the game from www.MMORPG.com I think I read some article about CoS about a month ago. Then I went to the CoS website, and corporate website and read everthing I could find. The more I learned, the more excited I got. Persoanlly I feel like this game is going to be a "game changer" for the genre. I'm all in!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:39 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

MMORPG back in late 2007 or early 2008 I was religious about following on MMORPG and then reading the Dev updates on their website (prior to their movement to the MMOmagic.com). Then I was a forum lurker for a long time.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm 

MMORPG.com, just browsing the list of games.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:00 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Welcome Valdonkis. I hope you have started reading about CoS. There is a lot to read and still much we have not learned. Feel free to ask questions.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:45 am 
Patron Herald
Patron Herald

well.....the Father of one of the unnamed devs is a good friend of mine and he mentioned it to me one day and after looking into it I've been anxiously waiting the game play. Certainly looks AWesome !!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:37 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Like many others, I found about in MMORPG.com forums about 15 months ago. Be intrigued ever since.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 pm 
Fallen Hero

I saw this on MMORPG a number of years ago. Some know-it-all was grousing about how CoS was just another in a long list of vaporware titles. I'm happy to say they couldn't be more wrong!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

One of our members posted about it and I decided to look into it more. I am pretty sure they found it on MMORPG. :)

Post subject: Re: Liefde and MMOmagic
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:55 pm 
Citadel Guardian

Liefde wrote:
Hey there everyone!

With some people being around for as long as the forums have been around and some people (like me) only being around since the Kickstarter campaign I am curious to see how you found out about Citadel of Sorcery.. and if possible what your first thought about it was.

As for me, I was scrolling across Rock Paper Shotgun and ended up reading the kickstarter katchup where almost completely down on the list CoS was mentioned shortly.. it said MMO so I naturally had a look and the first thing that intrigued me was that the pre-alpha look of the game reminded of of Might&Magic 6/7 cinematics in terms of the graphic style. I actually loved it! When I read a bit more I became convinced that Citadel of Sorcery would be my first ever kickstarter pledge, and here I am!

What's your story?

Well, after being disappointed with Trion's MMO shooter Defiance, I went to MMORPG.com and started going down their list of MMOs. First, I looked at screenshots for each on Bing. If they gave me good vibes, I dug deeper. Otherwise, I moved on.

Eventually, I came to its entry for Citadel of Sorcery. When I looked at screenshots for it on Bing, something felt interesting about the game, even with the graphics being unpolished. So, I dug deeper, found some interesting stuff about it which increased my interest, and here I am. Simple as that.

:cry: Having said that, I have to say this: Even if this game is going to be awesome, the marketing for this game is virtually non-existent. I had to go out of my way to find it. Big time. And that's a very bad sign. A lack of marketing alone can doom an MMO to financial death.

Guys, you have to step up your marketing efforts. I guarantee you that a lack of marketing is the only reason why your Kickstarter.com campaign failed. Other than that, based on what I have seen, this game gets good vibes from most of those who actually hear about it.

Last edited by Lunging Wolf on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:15 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Lunging Wolf wrote:
Liefde wrote:
Hey there everyone!

With some people being around for as long as the forums have been around and some people (like me) only being around since the Kickstarter campaign I am curious to see how you found out about Citadel of Sorcery.. and if possible what your first thought about it was.

As for me, I was scrolling across Rock Paper Shotgun and ended up reading the kickstarter katchup where almost completely down on the list CoS was mentioned shortly.. it said MMO so I naturally had a look and the first thing that intrigued me was that the pre-alpha look of the game reminded of of Might&Magic 6/7 cinematics in terms of the graphic style. I actually loved it! When I read a bit more I became convinced that Citadel of Sorcery would be my first ever kickstarter pledge, and here I am!

What's your story?

Well, after being disappointed with Trion's MMO shooter Defiance, I went to MMORPG.com and started going down their list of MMOs. First, I looked at screenshots for each on Bing. If they gave me good vibes, I dug deeper. Otherwise, I moved on.

Eventually, I came to its entry for Citadel of Sorcery. When I looked at screenshots for it on Bing, something felt interesting about the game, even with the graphics being unpolished. So, I dug deeper, found some interesting stuff about it which increased my interest, and here I am. Simple as that.

:cry: Having said that, I have to say this: Even if this game is going to be awesome, the marketing for this game is virtually non-existent. I had to go out of my way to find it. Big time. And that's a very bad sign. A lack of marketing alone can doom an MMO to financial death.

Guys, you have to step up your marketing efforts. I guarantee you that a lack of marketing is the only reason why your Kickstarter.com campaign failed. Other than that, based on what I have seen, this game gets good vibes from most of those who actually hear about it.

Heya, Lunging Wolf. Welcome to the CoS forums! :D

MMOmagic plans on showing a demo of the game to potential publishers within the next 4-5 weeks, from what I understand. After they sign with one, I expect the advertising for this game to skyrocket with the amount a money a publisher will most likely spend to get the word out about Citadel of Sorcery. Heck, just signing with a well-known publisher will generate its own advertising since people will want to know what game a company, for example, like Microsoft would want to publish.

Its just a matter of time. And I can't tell you how excited I am for the word to get out and the attention given to these forums takes off. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie