CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:32 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I was wondering if we can make decisions in our personal stories or in either of the reflected worlds that will change others perceptions of us in a negative way. In most MMOs like WoW we are usually forced into the role of the hero as part of the MMOs overall story so it makes it more linear. In the Fallout series though, we can really be good, evil, or neutral and npcs recognize that and it caneven affect the ending. I know we're called Fallen Heroes but I was just wondering if we can still be evil in the game if thats the kind of character we want to be.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:39 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Its just like the real world really. Take for example if you had helped out the Red Cross all your life but tomorrow you are going out to kill someone (innocent). Are you going to be known for helping Charities or are you going to be known as a Murderer?

Murderer of course and it is like that in CoS. You can go all evil but there will be harsh penalties for this. The more evil you get the worse the penalties will be.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Aryanna wrote:
Its just like the real world really. Take for example if you had helped out the Red Cross all your life but tomorrow you are going out to kill someone (innocent). Are you going to be known for helping Charities or are you going to be known as a Murderer?

Murderer of course and it is like that in CoS. You can go all evil but there will be harsh penalties for this. The more evil you get the worse the penalties will be.

This is exactly correct.

Just to add though, we don't have an alignment choice when you make a character, it is your actions that define you.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 pm 
Fallen Hero

Aryanna wrote:
You can go all evil but there will be harsh penalties for this. The more evil you get the worse the penalties will be.

That sums it up pretty well. Can you do things that are evil? Yes. Will you have to face the consequences for doing those things? Yes again.

I suspect there is going to be a lot of moral grayness to this game. A lot of decisions aren't going to be just clear cut choices of good and evil. And it wouldn't be in your character's interest to be too evil...or too good. Being too good would have it's own consequences that might be hard to live with. Moral ambiguity can be fun!

Likewise, I don't think you get to be neutral in the conflicts going on around you. Morphael and his minions are trying to crush the Citadel. Being a Fallen Hero, like it or not, makes you a part of the Citadel and therefore a target. You don't get to switch to his side and being evil won't make him like you. The same is true with the Demons -you will have to fight them in order to survive.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Neverest wrote:
I suspect there is going to be a lot of moral grayness to this game. A lot of decisions aren't going to be just clear cut choices of good and evil. And it wouldn't be in your character's interest to be too evil...or too good. Being too good would have it's own consequences that might be hard to live with. Moral ambiguity can be fun!

Likewise, I don't think you get to be neutral in the conflicts going on around you. Morphael and his minions are trying to crush the Citadel. Being a Fallen Hero, like it or not, makes you a part of the Citadel and therefore a target. You don't get to switch to his side and being evil won't make him like you. The same is true with the Demons -you will have to fight them in order to survive.

That is honestly one of the things I look forward to the most.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:32 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Our writers are encouraged (READ: Threatened with pain and suffering) to always offer choices in their stories that will make a player tense. We want players to be sitting in their chairs agonizing over the decisions that they make, and what it could mean for them and for their story.

Nothing can be taken back, but at the same time we have designed the game understanding that people make bad choices. It is just like life...if you do something bad or experience something horrific, it might take a while, but your life will slowly flow back to "normal".

"Purging is at last at hand. Day of Doom is here. All that is evil, all their allies; your parents, your leaders, those who would call themselves your judges; those who have lied and corrupted the Earth, they shall all be cleansed." ~Thulsa Doom

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:36 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

:shock:

Raevyn is scary! Hope it works though! :twisted:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:03 pm 
Producer
Producer

Aryanna wrote:
:shock:

Raevyn is scary! Hope it works though! :twisted:

Nah, she's a lovable, fluffy, blood-thirsty killer.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:31 am 

This all sounds great , but I find playing a Charachter that is so purely good fascinating. In most cases you end up with something that can be considered too good and that causes lots of problems as well. Someone who is purely good may see that in every situation and believe that everyone has a good nature and not believe in killing at all.

A Mix of Insanity and Goodnes is what I want to see to the point where a Fallen Hero will annoy even the Eyes of Darkness.

"I thought the Citadel , was for all intents and purposes run for reasons of Power and tends towards Evil regardless of the actions of the Fallen Heroes, wornder if we can change this ?"

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:18 pm 
Fallen Hero

Isane wrote:
A Mix of Insanity and Goodnes is what I want to see to the point where a Fallen Hero will annoy even the Eyes of Darkness.

Insanity and Goodness!?!? :lol:

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie