CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:48 am 

If some of my questions are already asked and answered, I apologize in advance.

I watched some of CoS videos on YouTube, and it said that the maps/area would be the same size as the earth. So, what I'm curious about is, is there gonna be different servers/channels? If so, wouldn't the areas feel empty and lonely? Coz it's already massive, so I thought that it would feel a bit empty if they add different channels and servers. This game sounds like the mmo of my dreams... but personally, I like seeing people around me doing quests.

Is there gonna be an open PvP, Guild vs Guild or arena? Coz everyone wants to aim for something. Compete with people and feel powerful/become stronger... at least, some kind of goal. What kind of goals can the players aim for?

I read some articles and the game seemed like a mix of games that I played... it's amazing. I still got lots of questions about the gameplay but it might be still too early.

I would love to donate to the game, but I still wanna see a bit more. I'll be keeping an eye on this game and I hope that it turns out how they say it's gonna be and become successful.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:54 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

tomato915 wrote:
If some of my questions are already asked and answered, I apologize in advance.

I watched some of CoS videos on YouTube, and it said that the maps/area would be the same size as the earth. So, what I'm curious about is, is there gonna be different servers/channels? If so, wouldn't the areas feel empty and lonely? Coz it's already massive, so I thought that it would feel a bit empty if they add different channels and servers. This game sounds like the mmo of my dreams... but personally, I like seeing people around me doing quests.

Players will be condensed into smaller territories for quests (although you can freely leave that territory and explore if you wish).

Quote:
Is there gonna be an open PvP, Guild vs Guild or arena? Coz everyone wants to aim for something. Compete with people and feel powerful/become stronger... at least, some kind of goal. What kind of goals can the players aim for?

No world PvP. Yes, there will be an arena.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:45 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Posted by JATAR:

"CoS features a very deep chat system, with lots of controls for players. You may customize it to what you want. Example, there are global chat channels, but you don't have to use them, or even have them in your chat window. If you want to close yourself down to just your group, good for you.

For those that want global channels, there are lots. Basically, you can setup tabs at the top of your chat window for various things, lots of things, too many to go into right now. These do include specialized chat groupings, from All to your Group, your Guild, Auction, Looking to Group, and more. There are also whispers, and on top of the regular chat system, we have an Instant messaging system, that allows you to privately, and quickly send messages to small groupings of people, or individuals. I'm barely scratching the surface here... we know just how social an MMO can be for those that want that, and a chat system is an important part of that, and we are not taking this system lightly. It is also important for tactics communication. Anyway, enough of that, or I'll start getting into the actual design, which is many pages.

I'll end with, we think you will really like the choices you have in the chat and IM systems."

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie