CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie

Post subject: Items in the game world
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:49 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Hello all. I have a question about just plain old items in the game world. So when we are exploring and adventuring in the community reflected worlds and personal reflected worlds, will there be random items in the world that every player will be able to interact with?

For example, if I were to go into a random store, such as a bookstore or a bar, would there be individually placed items like books that we could pick up and read. Or if we were travelling through the woods and we came across a corpse of some unfortunate adventurer, and that adventurer had some items such as armor or weapons that we thought were useful, would we be able to claim the items for ourselves without it being connected to a quest (unless it was a super awesome epic quest ;) ).

Also, will we be able to drop any equipment we have on us and have it just fall on the ground and actually appear on the ground? I know that seems like a silly question, also since it would probably just lead to there being random items all over the place.

And finally, will npc's such as townsfolk and random people we meet be able to equip any items or weapons they themselves might come across, since they have their own lives and might come across a cool looking sword that they might wanna show off and wave around in public :)

I know most of these questions are silly and likely aren't being implemented but I was just wondering. Thank you for any answers in advance!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:29 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Smolgen wrote:
Hello all. I have a question about just plain old items in the game world. So when we are exploring and adventuring in the community reflected worlds and personal reflected worlds, will there be random items in the world that every player will be able to interact with?

For example, if I were to go into a random store, such as a bookstore or a bar, would there be individually placed items like books that we could pick up and read.

Yes, there will be items to interact with.

Or if we were travelling through the woods and we came across a corpse of some unfortunate adventurer, and that adventurer had some items such as armor or weapons that we thought were useful, would we be able to claim the items for ourselves without it being connected to a quest (unless it was a super awesome epic quest ;) ).

Well, not the corpse of a PC, CoS does s not support looting of other PCs.

Also, will we be able to drop any equipment we have on us and have it just fall on the ground and actually appear on the ground? I know that seems like a silly question, also since it would probably just lead to there being random items all over the place.

That is a more complex question than you might think. You cannot drop Mundane objects, (nor can you sell or trade them). The full reason for this has not been released yet, we will do that near Alpha. When it comes to magical items, you may drop them, and they will appear on the ground, and others may pick them up, but if you leave the area they won't last long. Someone will take the item, PC, NPC or NPM

And finally, will npc's such as townsfolk and random people we meet be able to equip any items or weapons they themselves might come across, since they have their own lives and might come across a cool looking sword that they might wanna show off and wave around in public :)

Absolutely.

I know most of these questions are silly and likely aren't being implemented but I was just wondering. Thank you for any answers in advance!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:47 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Thank you for the quick response Jatar:) that gets me really excited! Sorry about the second part of my question, I didn't mean other player corpses, just the corpse of an npc adventurer. Maybe I saw that npc adventurer in town and he was a novice and had no real experience but was eager to kill something and got himself killed, and then I happened to come across his corpse.

Really excited to see all of this in action! :)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:53 pm 

Sure, NPC's can die. They hold items, and they leave corpses to loot. It's only that you cannot take items from other players, for obvious reasons.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:58 am 
Hero of the Citadel

This sounds very much like the anime Log Horizon[not story wise]...
Wonder if we may get transported inside the game suddenly same as they did in Log Horizon...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:50 am 

If only the tech existed, sigh... -starts daydreaming-

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie