CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:10 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Jatar wrote:
I guess I should give you a bit more than just that players can ignore other players... that still won't stop them from killing shopkeepers...

OK... hmm, how much to tell... alright, I can't go into the actual punishment, not because I don't want to tell you, but because it is part of a system in the game that we are keeping under wraps. Just trust me in that the game will deal out consequences in such a way that players who do that kind of thing will get weaker and weaker, becoming easy prey for bunny rabbits with a bad attitude. No player is going to want to do stuff that will make them die when a monster just breaths on them. There is just no percentage in it, this isn't a PVP game, killing NPCs to get at other players will really only hurt that player that does the deed. First off, you can always just go to a different RW where those same store keepers are still alive. This just isn't an issue in CoS, people who do evil WILL get their comeuppance.

CoS isn't trying to keep you from doing bad things, and many moments during your quests will have very gray choices available. We aren't white washing the world. Some of your choices will result in the death of a good person, but not because you walked in and beheaded a simple shopkeeper for no reason, for that you will pay a heavy price.

On the other hand, so you want to make a bargain with a demon for wealth and/or power... well, that's your business. I would not really recommend it, and I think you may regret it in the end (NEVER trust a demon, even though they will never lie to you... but they will twist things and use every loophole). The point here is... you can choose to do some questionable things, gray areas, choices that aren't all a hero should make. You also live with the consequences, just like real life.

To think im a demon meself!!!!!!!!
Im a male n also a loner!!!!!!!
And i ll use loopholes in any state against any1!!!!!
B it anger/sadness/bein calm.......

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:01 pm 

devilzxdemon wrote:
Jatar wrote:
I guess I should give you a bit more than just that players can ignore other players... that still won't stop them from killing shopkeepers...

OK... hmm, how much to tell... alright, I can't go into the actual punishment, not because I don't want to tell you, but because it is part of a system in the game that we are keeping under wraps. Just trust me in that the game will deal out consequences in such a way that players who do that kind of thing will get weaker and weaker, becoming easy prey for bunny rabbits with a bad attitude. No player is going to want to do stuff that will make them die when a monster just breaths on them. There is just no percentage in it, this isn't a PVP game, killing NPCs to get at other players will really only hurt that player that does the deed. First off, you can always just go to a different RW where those same store keepers are still alive. This just isn't an issue in CoS, people who do evil WILL get their comeuppance.

CoS isn't trying to keep you from doing bad things, and many moments during your quests will have very gray choices available. We aren't white washing the world. Some of your choices will result in the death of a good person, but not because you walked in and beheaded a simple shopkeeper for no reason, for that you will pay a heavy price.

On the other hand, so you want to make a bargain with a demon for wealth and/or power... well, that's your business. I would not really recommend it, and I think you may regret it in the end (NEVER trust a demon, even though they will never lie to you... but they will twist things and use every loophole). The point here is... you can choose to do some questionable things, gray areas, choices that aren't all a hero should make. You also live with the consequences, just like real life.

You will be a Fallen hero like the rest of us !!!!! I just want to watch the public flogging you get when you get caught. Now I hope they have rotten fruit and tomatoes to throw at people who just cant resist being bad.

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:29 pm 
Fallen Hero

Isane wrote:
You will be a Fallen hero like the rest of us !!!!! I just want to watch the public flogging you get when you get caught. Now I hope they have rotten fruit and tomatoes to throw at people who just cant resist being bad.

Awesome! That alone would be worth a monthly subscription!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:45 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Oh! If the game does have rotten tomatoes to throw at people I would be very pleased!!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:50 pm 
Hero of the Citadel

Hmmmmmmmm
Not too sure but i think rotten tomatoes can b used for healin purposes
So i can gather rotten tomatoes by bein bad
I ll try to catch the tomatoes which r bein thrown thou i doubt i ll b successfull!!!!
Wont matter if im not also!!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

devilzxdemon wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm
Not too sure but i think rotten tomatoes can b used for healin purposes
So i can gather rotten tomatoes by bein bad
I ll try to catch the tomatoes which r bein thrown thou i doubt i ll b successfull!!!!
Wont matter if im not also!!!!!

You have big dreams !!! ;)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:26 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Im glad i do thou ofcourse many think dreams make one's life....

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:00 am 
Fallen Hero

Isane wrote:
devilzxdemon wrote:
Jatar wrote:

Who needs real rotten fruit when you can use the (innately more humourous) magical balls of fire? Well, if he's in a place to be pelted with fruit, he obviously deserves it! Plus imagine his face when he sees his doom approaching! :twisted: Of course, it's not funny when it happens to me 8-)

Lack of a denial does not necessarily make an affirmation.

"Stop quoting laws to us. We carry swords."
Plutarch, "Life of Pompey", x, 2

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 pm 
Hero of the Citadel

I said i would b cathcin the fruits with me own hands.....

As for gettin cornered n gettin thrown with fireballs or fruits doesnt make a damn difference......

Especially as i can use a shield or a dupicate of meself in that area.....

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:08 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Newbie