CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Off Topic » The Ratskeller

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:42 am 

Sure there are questionable UFOs every year. Those things in the sky our minds just cant get a handle on.

With the advent of the personal camera on cel phones the number of sightings has exploded, However it is difficult to ascertain which are actual UFOs and which are not. Take the recent videos out of South America.. there is no way to verify if they are real or not.

Now I am sure there are some that just boggle the mind, say the incident over phoenix in the early 2000's. Multiple lights in the sky with military giving what was obviously a false statement about flares. I have used flares, they have very descriptive and very well known characteristics.. What the lights in the Arizona sky showed were not flares. They were not anything that could be seen but lights in the sky. The video was taken in the evening and night and no zooming involved on any of the videos.

Also take the myriad of videos taken from aircraft, one which comes to mind was released earlier this year which shows a silver colored object moving through clouds. The video was taken from above the object. When I watched the video I had to take into account the clouds movements and the planes movements, luckily you can look up wind speeds in certain areas of the world online by date so it was easy to correlate. This object was most likely a weather balloon that was tethered and the aircraft flew over it.

There are hundreds of thousands of videos on Youtube and one could spend most of their life perusing the vids and trying to find the smoking gun. Personally I have better things to do.

But there is one fact that I hold in all seriousness. If there is extraterrestrial life in the universe outside of Humanity and they have gained the ability to travel the stars then I give them kudos because at the rate we are going that will never happen.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:31 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Akumawraith wrote:
But there is one fact that I hold in all seriousness. If there is extraterrestrial life in the universe outside of Humanity and they have gained the ability to travel the stars then I give them kudos because at the rate we are going that will never happen.

Humans went from flight to landing on the moon and returning in less then 70 years. Here we are less then 50 years later with aircraft concepts that can travel at speeds in excess of mach 12. I have little doubt in my mind that we will be be able to travel across the galaxy within 8 more generations with the rate we are developing our propulsion, and cryopreservation technology.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:14 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I would definitely read Michukaku's Physics of the Impossible. Good stuff, and fun to think about. He talks about the reasons behind WHY we possibly won't be able to achieve interstellar travel. While, yes it's possible to "reach" distant stars, a one way trip would not be possible within a person's lifetime without progressing past Type 0 civ.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:56 pm 

Evilbunny wrote:
Akumawraith wrote:

Humans went from flight to landing on the moon and returning in less then 70 years. Here we are less then 50 years later with aircraft concepts that can travel at speeds in excess of mach 12. I have little doubt in my mind that we will be be able to travel across the galaxy within 8 more generations with the rate we are developing our propulsion, and cryopreservation technology.

But Evil my friend its a known issue, NASA never archived the technology of the Apollo Missions its why we never did any more landings. Its also the reason why the trip to Mars has been brought up, canceled, brought up, canceled over and over again. They dont know how to do it again. They have to relearn all what they did before and then improve upon it.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:13 am 
Citadel Guardian

I WANT TO BELIEVE.......

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:02 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I believe that UFO's exist sure just not sure if we have been visited by aliens yet or not

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:24 am 

alphatwo wrote:
I believe that UFO's exist sure just not sure if we have been visited by aliens yet or not

there has been overwhelming proof that objects have been sighted in the skies for centuries, no, thousands of years. From the Vedra texts to the Videos on Youtube of the Phoenix lights. There has been uncounted images and paintings of things that are just unexplained. Are they UFO's sure... are they ships carrying extraterrestrial life forms? Who the hell knows?

I do know we are not alone in the Universe, but just to be on the safe side I'd rather not want to run into any E.T.'s if we can help it.. If they are hostile we are screwed.

Board index » Off Topic » The Ratskeller