Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Place your bets!

(My money is on CoS)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:28 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I would say FF15.

While I know that FF15's development time is more than ridiculous, and it's still a long ways off, I still think CoS is farther off than we think unfortunately :(

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:50 pm 
Hero of the Citadel

Well Luck is something you have to consider and it may end up being COS itself. So gonna bet on COS itself...

Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:34 am 
Citadel Recruit

I'm gonna have to go with FFXV, because I want it more every time there's a new trailer. :(

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:14 pm 

Unfortunately I have to agree. FF15 will release before CoS. The reasoning for this is FF15 is already in development with in game cinematic being shown already. Those who understand this know that Final Fantasy.. any title is the record holder on cinematic. They have the most unique story lines as well as some of the most dynamic graphical events. Take the FFXIV: ARR cinematic.. Even Wows "Cataclysm" video was found lacking when compared to the destructive event in the Intro Video of FFXIV ARR.

With COS still working on its demo there is a long way to go before we see the level of game play and graphics already released for FF15.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Akumawraith wrote:
Unfortunately I have to agree. FF15 will release before CoS. The reasoning for this is FF15 is already in development with in game cinematic being shown already. Those who understand this know that Final Fantasy.. any title is the record holder on cinematic. They have the most unique story lines as well as some of the most dynamic graphical events. Take the FFXIV: ARR cinematic.. Even Wows "Cataclysm" video was found lacking when compared to the destructive event in the Intro Video of FFXIV ARR.

With COS still working on its demo there is a long way to go before we see the level of game play and graphics already released for FF15.

And, no matter when CoS releases, you will never see a cut scene or cinematic. We do not believe in showing anything that is not in the real time game world. I've always hated being shown a movie, and then finding that the game looks different.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:55 pm 
Citadel Recruit

Jatar wrote:
Akumawraith wrote:

And, no matter when CoS releases, you will never see a cut scene or cinematic. We do not believe in showing anything that is not in the real time game world. I've always hated being shown a movie, and then finding that the game looks different.

I do believe you mean that the player will never see a pre-rendered cutscene or cinematic, not that there won't be any cutscenes/cinematics. ;)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:32 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

That is what I meant, yes.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:55 am 

Jatar wrote:
Akumawraith wrote:

I understand there will be no cinematic in CoS now, but my comment was directed at the fact that SOE is far ahead in development and is expected to release FF15 by mid 2015.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:32 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Akumawraith wrote:
Jatar wrote:
Akumawraith wrote:

I understand there will be no cinematic in CoS now, but my comment was directed at the fact that SOE is far ahead in development and is expected to release FF15 by mid 2015.

Agreed, which CoS will not achieve (sorry). I will tell you that the major hurdle in progress of the game engine has been cleared, and we expect to be working in the new Terrain system next week. This is very good news for the progress of the game, and for getting the game sold to a publisher. Even so, it won't be sold until early next year at the earliest now, since we are coming up on the Holiday Season fast and we need time to work with the new terrain. However, once we sign with a publisher, we should get some better estimates on reaching Alpha, etc.

Board index » Off Topic » The Ratskeller