CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Off Topic » The Ratskeller

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:14 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I read an article recently that mentioned UO, and how if you wanted, you could bake a cake and put poison in it and give it to someone and they would die. I just thought that was so silly and random, and awesome at the same time. I have yet to hear of another MMO that has allowed a simple random act such as that. Really makes me wish I had played UO in it's good days.

So anyone got any similar, funny experiences? Not necessarily from UO or even a sandbox MMO, but any mmo or game that allowed you freedom to do such silly things?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:53 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Using the mods in Skyrim believe you can do things like that. Don't believe there was any mmorpg thou which gave that freedom....

Post Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:44 am 

Dragon Nest has one of the most satisfying combat of any game out today. It also has no clue how things work in the real world, because the swordsman is actually ranged, the archer can be melee and the assassins shout and use explosions. It needs to be mentioned that 1 of the warrior's pathways abilities are basically all just yelling, 1 of which is a war cry that removes all debuffs, including time stasis. Which translates to, he can yell time back into existence.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:37 am 
Hero of the Citadel

me is waiting for rustyhearts to get released again at http://www.rustyrevolution.org/

http://www.rustyrevolution.org/index.php?topic=342.0
Gonna try out Tera for now....

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:38 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

A totally different game genre: while I was playing A Tale in the Desert, I was a newbie running around looking for cicadas. I found a silly looking plant, and for some odd reason I decided to eat it. The plant depleted my strength and I got pinned to the ground unable to move unless I dump all the precious wood that I had collected.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:47 pm 

not necessarily a sand box funny, but back in Vanilla WoW i had gotten on top of Iron Forge as horde, was running around and dropped down on the Wetlands side of the mountain and found a small village. I was talking to a few friends and they joined me there and as we screwed around one of them found an instance.

We were all surprised that an instance portal was located on this mountainside so me being the inquisitive one I stepped in... long fall made short i died in 4 minutes and when I released I found my spirit in Kharanos on the Dwarven side opposite of where I died and had no way of getting back to my body.

If I ressed I would be ganked by the guards in town, if I didnt i would have to run to another zone that was friendly.. in this case the closest was the Arathi Highlands a good 30 minute run away. Needless to say it was a long run and not one I tried ever again, however....

A few weeks later I led a group of players up there and told them about the instance that was hidden.. And while I stood back laughing they all rushed in. I was cussed for a good few weeks over that one, but it was well worth it after all...

Reason being: The instance portal only allowed players to fall through the planet to their deaths.. it wasnt an instance >:)

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:21 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

so cruel, yet, I wish I could have seen it!

Board index » Off Topic » The Ratskeller