CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Off Topic » The Ratskeller

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:42 am 
Citadel Recruit

It's funny, this game has been on the back of my mind for the past 10 years now. :p
(judging by the dev-blog it's been about 10 years since this project started, and I didn't have my own computer back when I first heard of this game (we had one family PC); I got my first computer in grade 8 which was about 7 years ago, so it was sometime before grade 8 that I heard about this game I think; it probably wasn't exactly 10 years ago I heard of it but close at least)

Back some time when I was 10 or 11 (I'm almost 21 now :p) I was browsing mmorpg.com looking for some free MMO's I might be interested in (as I was tired of the grinds you find in basically every MMO out there). So I tried a few different games (only free games, cuz 10 year olds have no money :p). Eventually I heard about this game on there somehow, and decided to check it out cuz it sounded interesting, but then I saw it wasn't released yet. And then somehow I've been waiting since then for this game to release, keeping this game at the back of my mind. I haven't really followed this at all though, so I have no clue as to the current state of development (I could read and find out but I'll just wait for release).

I think I was probably looking for games where I could play as a fox, cuz I love foxes (a lot). And then I saw that there's a fox race in this game, therefore I need to play the game now cuz I need to play the fox race. :p If there's anything that I'm going to remember for 10+ years it's something related to foxes in some way or another. :V Cuz I love foxes. <3

I didn't bother making a forum account until recently though (I'm not sure how long ago I made this account but I don't think it was too long ago; sometime in the last 3 years I think).

(I have no clue if this is the right spot for this, but I assume it's the best spot as this is mostly off topic as it's pretty much just a random thought).

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:27 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Yep, the best spot for random thought. I'm always glad to hear about why people decided to take a good look at CoS.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:33 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

well, it's not incredibly off topic. it's related to the game as a whole

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:52 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Yes, one of our programmers was single when we started this, he's now married with two daughters, 11 and 7 years old. They have never known a world without CoS in production. ;) That being said, things are picking up speed and we hope to open up a playable area of the world this year to our Patron Team, and more to follow soon.

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:58 am 
Hero of the Citadel

So the game's gonna get released for testing THIS YEAR?

(falls down and becomes unconscious)

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:01 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Jatar wrote:
we hope to open up a playable area of the world this year to our Patron Team.

No promises, me thinks, and I think it goes without saying that any playable area would mean testing out the kazoo because it's so early in release.

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:15 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Unitato wrote:
Jatar wrote:
we hope to open up a playable area of the world this year to our Patron Team.

No promises, me thinks, and I think it goes without saying that any playable area would mean testing out the kazoo because it's so early in release.

Also... let's not confuse a playable area with the game being released for testing. Yes, testing will take place, and yes Patron players will be able to log into the game when want to hang out, but this will be pre-alpha, and limited in scope and area. Still, once we do that, they world will just get more developed over time and testing can continue within that developing world.

Board index » Off Topic » The Ratskeller