CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Off Topic » The Ratskeller

Post subject: Ashes of Creation
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:29 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Some of what they are looking to do sounds familiar.

http://www.ashesofcreation.com/

Nodes

Ashes of Creation is a unique take on the MMO experience. Our world structure is dynamic and built to react to the actions of our players. Cities will rise and fall, their populations based on the history of the world as the players create it. Quests will unlock as these populations gather, their needs grow, and secrets are unlocked.

As the world’s NPC structure is established in real time, players will have the ability to destroy what they’ve created, paving the way for new development, new populations, and real change. Political strife and intrigue will play a very real role in the structure of your world.

Gone are the days of static worlds, change is here to stay.

Questing

Questing in our world combines the best elements of traditional MMO’s as well as the introduction of our unique player driven experiences. Ashes of Creation offers area quests, public quests, and quest chains that change dynamically and in real time based on the player’s experiences and choices.

Players will have the ability to directly alter world events and change the landscape through their actions, as an individual and as a community. Server quests will allow political rivals to compete for the fate of the world.

Post subject: Re: Ashes of Creation
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:05 am 

Looking a bit into it, sounds like most of their design principles are in the right direction. It's interested me enough to at least watch it's development.

The class system seems very generic with a slight twist, in that you can choose 2 classes per character. When they said "Races will affect your stats, and stats will affect your skills and abilities. In addition, races will give unique flavors to your class archetype skills." This could mean several things, but if they mean that you can viably play any race with these classes, just altering the way you play them, then that's great. But if it's just as simple as "Muscle race gives more hp and phys dmg" then we will only ever see 1 race be each class.

I'm a big survival and rts player too, so being able to design and lay out my house or town is a big bonus. They are a little vague with the specifics here aswell, so there's not much i can say.

Execution is arguably more important than design, though. It reminds me a lot of EQN, which makes me naturally cautious, cause if a title as massive as that can go from full throttle to completely cancelled in such a short time, you now have a hard time convincing me something is guaranteed.

Board index » Off Topic » The Ratskeller