CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Reflected Worlds

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:37 am 
Producer
Producer

Pryzt wrote:
I'm sure there are some Tyven rugs lying around somewhere (pun intended). Just a matter of collecting enough fur....

You know what they say.. it takes a village of Tyven to make a rug... or was that to raise a child.. hmm..

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:20 am 
Team Member
Team Member

We are not ever to become someone's throw rug.. that is just wrong and not right and wrong some more! :evil:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:24 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

amusedmonkey wrote:

When you have a whole world that's dynamically interacting from sophisticated ever changing environment system, to NPC AI, to constantly evolving stories, I believe we will have a lot of opportunities to watch the world in action. Personally, I've been thinking about that for a while.. To pick and NPC and just follow him around to see how he likes to spend his day! ......

I will have to suggest that you spend at least a week following him around. NPCs do many things with their days and we don't always know what they are going to do.

Post subject: Re: Morphael
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:26 pm 
Citadel Guardian

Morphael wrote:
Having migration patterns in Ryzom was almost required because of the sandbox nature of the game. For the most part, you spent your time hunting and killing those animals.

Most likely you won't see this type of activity in CoS for a couple of reasons. First, to do that well would take a lot of CPU time for the AI in a world our size. We'd rather use that processing power to provide better NPC interaction and more robust stories.

Second, we're moving away from the model that most MMOs have fallen into with killing wildlife for pieces of their flesh or insides. You're a Hero, we'd rather have you hunting down a cult or saving innocent villagers than wasting time watching some elephants eat grass in a field.

We're going to have wildlife, but it will be more for the eye candy in the world than actual game reasons. What did that deer ever do to you, anyway?

There are some additional game mechanics we can't release just yet that would cause very bad things to happen if you were just to go out ruthlessly killing things, including innocent wildlife.

I don't know. An environment without wildlife seems rather lifeless (ha!) to me. For me, it breaks my immersion a bit when wildlife is mysteriously absent from the land which I am exploring. I can tell myself that wildlife is just not around right now only so many times before the environment seems empty to me. :?

Post subject: Re: Morphael
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:09 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Lunging Wolf wrote:
Morphael wrote:
Having migration patterns in Ryzom was almost required because of the sandbox nature of the game. For the most part, you spent your time hunting and killing those animals.

Most likely you won't see this type of activity in CoS for a couple of reasons. First, to do that well would take a lot of CPU time for the AI in a world our size. We'd rather use that processing power to provide better NPC interaction and more robust stories.

Second, we're moving away from the model that most MMOs have fallen into with killing wildlife for pieces of their flesh or insides. You're a Hero, we'd rather have you hunting down a cult or saving innocent villagers than wasting time watching some elephants eat grass in a field.

We're going to have wildlife, but it will be more for the eye candy in the world than actual game reasons. What did that deer ever do to you, anyway?

There are some additional game mechanics we can't release just yet that would cause very bad things to happen if you were just to go out ruthlessly killing things, including innocent wildlife.

I don't know. An environment without wildlife seems rather lifeless (ha!) to me. For me, it breaks my immersion a bit when wildlife is mysteriously absent from the land which I am exploring. I can tell myself that wildlife is just not around right now only so many times before the environment seems empty to me. :?

Please read the text you quoted above, it clearly states that there will be wildlife.

Post subject: Re: Jatar
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:53 am 
Citadel Guardian

Jatar wrote:
Please read the text you quoted above, it clearly states that there will be wildlife.

/Kicks himself repeatedly. :oops: I am very sorry about that. I guess that's what I get for posting when very tired.

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Reflected Worlds