CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Reflected Worlds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:49 pm 

Jatar wrote:
The story box shows suggestions of what you could do, and doing any of them will progress your quest, but you can go and do what you want.

For example, you could be on a quest and run into something else happening in the world and choose to do that, but later, when you decide to progress your quest again, the Story Box assists you by reminding you of options you had on the quest.

But also remember, Story Box suggestions don't tell you how to do things, they are more like, 'Go visit the King of Zot' whether you kill him, befriend him, betray him or ignore him is up to you.

This is one of the selling points that drew me to CoS.. To be able to play how I want to play, to jump off the beaten trail and get into trouble elsewhere and then pick up where I left off. The anti linear quests... it just sounds amazing, I cannot wait to play.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:58 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

This was a core element in the design, I refused to let this game become a scripted linear game, where every player follows the same path. That is, well, boring. I hate being bored. The system we have designed makes life horrendous for Writers, but wonderful for players. We're still on the look out for Writers who can hack our system of game play. I've mentioned before, it is harder to write a single quest for CoS than to write a novel (in many ways).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Reflected Worlds