CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Reflected Worlds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:29 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Well, first: based on what a quest should be in terms of CoS, (i.e. not a grocery list, not a "kill this in x time") there shouldnt be any way to fail a quest. What we do has the potential to shape the world in which ever way we wish, such as if your quest is to help a king defeat the southern rebels because they threaten the throne, you can choose to help the rebels instead, and if you're successful, the king would lose his throne, correct? But by definition, haven't you failed your quest? No, you just changed its outcome.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:49 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

That's correct. You cannot fail a quest, you just achieve a particular outcome. These will vary by player.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:54 pm 

Im thankful that the quest system is not linear... this kills zygors money making system and thank the gods for that. However I can see players opening areas and then posting the screen shots online like they do in current games.

How would this situation be prohibited? one way is to disable screen shots of maps, though i dont know how this could be accomplished.

On the other hand the world is so large that posting area screen maps would be a huge taask and i doubt many players would bother with it for very long. Sure you may have maps of starting areas posted but as players spread out and gather map locations the number of maps posted online will more than likely diminish or players will start asking for money to continue posting them.

This would be another issue that is frowned upon but presently exists for other games. its an annoying situation and one I would love to see blocked or destroyed.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:23 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

We cannot block taking a screen shot, that is actually impossible. We just aren't concerned about it. Posting a walk through is virtually impossible though, since things change by player. Example, I'm on a quest and I have to go to castle Black to question a prisoner. I could take a screen shot of castle Black, and one of the prisoner, but if another player gets this quest on a different RW, they won't be going to castle Black, or questioning that NPC.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:45 pm 
Hero of the Citadel

You can post whatever your doing as a video also, 3rd party softwares are used to record the videos and they are same as images. They cannnot get blocked thou... If you block image taking then every1 will start taking video images quite easily...

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:53 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

You cannot block anything thst is on someones monitor, still image or video, nor can you block sound. Its on their system, therefore it can be recorded.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:50 am 

Yeah unfortunately there's no real way to interfere with players posting things online. However if everyone's map is different that makes things easier to handle. im more interested in the idea that players like me who brave the frontier and play the role of the pioneers are the ones who will make bank on the map trade.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:06 pm 
Fallen Hero

So the story box gives you "some" options? But I can just do my own thing right?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:38 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

The story box shows suggestions of what you could do, and doing any of them will progress your quest, but you can go and do what you want.

For example, you could be on a quest and run into something else happening in the world and choose to do that, but later, when you decide to progress your quest again, the Story Box assists you by reminding you of options you had on the quest.

But also remember, Story Box suggestions don't tell you how to do things, they are more like, 'Go visit the King of Zot' whether you kill him, befriend him, betray him or ignore him is up to you.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:21 pm 
Fallen Hero

ah, ok. Thanks.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Reflected Worlds