CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Reflected Worlds

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:34 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I was reading a post about action/consequences from one world to another, then yet another question popped in my mind...

How aware are the npc's? Are they aware of the other reflected world and the citadel? If so, are there trades/information passing from one RW to another?

Do some npc's goes insane/obsessed over the reflected world? (think of the movie the One with jet li, when he goes to other realities to kill himself, and absorb their strength in a way).

I mean, if there are informations transpiring from on world to another, let's say you made an evil kindgom fall, will the same kingdom, but on the good side have some apprehension towards you? Technically, you ruined/killed him (or whatever you did to his other self). I know before I was explained why, I'd sure as hell have some apprehension if I knew someone killed me in another reality, probably even after regardless of the reason, I'd still have a little doubt running around in my mind about that person.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:02 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

There is no going insane, nor any connection between reflections of the same person, so not like Jet Li.

As for knowing what you did on another Reelection, though not impossible, it is unlikely. This is due to the number of worlds, and the vast differences. There are so many Reflected Worlds that no one even knows how many there are. That, and NPCs are often different on these world's, meaning one is friendly, another evil, etc. They are not duplicates, more like twins. They may look the same but have different personalities.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

So, If I was to do an agressive thing in a reflected world, and escape the world(by completing the quest and then going back to the citadel for example), there'd be no actual consequences to what I just did?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:43 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

squishy wrote:
So, If I was to do an agressive thing in a reflected world, and escape the world(by completing the quest and then going back to the citadel for example), there'd be no actual consequences to what I just did?

Oh, there are lots of consequences. What you do matters. It's just not like that Jet Li movie, there are no compounding of things because you killed the same guy twelve times. Our worlds are elastic, so some things you do will affect other worlds, some will not. But, personal consequences follow you no matter where you go. Kill an innocent and you will take soul damage, that stays with you, no matter where you go.

If you save a town the elasticity of the RWs may cause another version of that town to remember you even across some RWs, though not all. Or murder some innocent and they may remember that as well. This is not a simple thing that has one answer. I can't tell you that everything is the same, or all information is passed or not passed, it is a very complex system. It's just best to assume that your actions will be remembered and act accordingly, then also remember that there can be variance from the 'norm' on a different RW, so you can't always expect things to be the same.

But, that being said, there is some consistency and logic as well. Kill an innocent and it will haunt you, kill a bad guy and you won't be blamed on another RW where he happens to be a good person. Any reactions to your actions will be in accordance to what you actually did, assuming there are reactions at all. You are not reflected, so since there is only one of you the news of your exploits as a Fallen Hero can move from world to world.

BTW: those not of the blood cannot travel to other RWs in normal circumstances, so you typically won't find six of the same person somewhere.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:10 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

ah oki, will there be a clarification about what get passed on in time as the game is closer to release? :)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

squishy wrote:
ah oki, will there be a clarification about what get passed on in time as the game is closer to release? :)

Nothing will change closer to release. We've created a unique universe with it's own rules of elasticity in Reflected Worlds. Again, the way to deal with it is to remember each world is similar, but not exactly the same, people not of the blood are duplicated, but not exactly the same. Things that happen on one world are for that world, though rumors of actions Fallen Heroes take may get passed onto other Worlds. There are other people besides Fallen Heroes that may move between worlds, if they have been granted certain powers (we will talk about that later).

It's best not to worry about all the other worlds, just deal with the one you are on.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:26 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Looks like i can create a Char who represents a NPC in 1 world, a deviL in another world, a bad guy in the final world... Im curious as to what is going to happen.....

Note:
Those of you who think deviL's are evil or bad,etc. look around you and show me a human who cant be really more bad or evil.. deviL's can be either good or bad just as humans can be both cruel and good....

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:33 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Your character's reputation may be passed from world to world (and great deeds, good or evil are the ones most talked about), as I mentioned above, so no, you can't be evil on one and good on another, or whatever you were thinking.

Some of you are getting caught up in the different worlds idea. I know this is hard to understand, but these worlds are both connected and unconnected. Certain things are common (like your reputation) and certain things are not (like story changes). It is best not to worry about which RW you are on, you won't know anyway. We don't tell you, there are no numbers or names. You will never know which world you are on.

Just play your character the way you would if this was all one world, but if you think you know what is about to happen in a story because you have seen something similar before, ignore that feeling of deja vu. Treat stories as if you have never seen what happens, because many elements of that story have likely changed anyway.

However, you and your reputation have not changed.

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Reflected Worlds