CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Reflected Worlds

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Thank you I can totally agree to that.
However, how does one starts a quest to improve an item? Since it's not craftable when I feel like it, does the game decide of an appropriate time, is it random, or can I just go in the librairie and start a research for a specific item/enchantement?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:41 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Both things are possible. There are random drops (though the quality of these are tied to the difficulty of the achievement, risk vs. reward). You can also go to places like the Museum and request a relic expidition. In these cases you work toward a specific enhancement, and once that relic is completed, you have one more quest to complete, which will usually involve going somewhere dangerous with your completed relic. The idea is simply to let you work toward your goal through game play, rather than standing around. It also means that making a powerful item takes time and effort (questing effort), making that item have real value, both in what you get to use, and if you want to sell it later

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:58 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Jatar wrote:
You can also go to places like the Museum and request a relic expidition. In these cases you work toward a specific enhancement, and once that relic is completed, you have one more quest to complete, which will usually involve going somewhere dangerous with your completed relic.

So this means we can say for example I want to increase defense, and go to the museum and get a quest for that item?

Will the item of those quests scale with the level of equipement we can currently wear? or could we possibly spend hours and get something unsuable? Or do we simply decide we want a tier 1 enchantement/item that boost defense, and get quest generated and off we go?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:53 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Looks like Jatar does not wanna give away too much info here...
Lets wait till the game's release.....

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:19 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

squishy wrote:
Jatar wrote:
You can also go to places like the Museum and request a relic expidition. In these cases you work toward a specific enhancement, and once that relic is completed, you have one more quest to complete, which will usually involve going somewhere dangerous with your completed relic.

So this means we can say for example I want to increase defense, and go to the museum and get a quest for that item?

Will the item of those quests scale with the level of equipement we can currently wear? or could we possibly spend hours and get something unsuable? Or do we simply decide we want a tier 1 enchantement/item that boost defense, and get quest generated and off we go?

You can work toward a specific enhancement. The Expeditions (and therefore the enhancement quality) is based on the Tier you are in, so usable in the Equipment you are currently improving. If you are on Tier 4 then that is the type of relic you will be seeking, a Tier 4 level.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:03 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I like this, a lot :)

Thank you.

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Reflected Worlds