CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Off Topic » About these Forums

Post subject: Personal Information
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:32 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I'm not sure how or why it is so but when I google my name a link to my profile on this site is the first thing to come up. I have hence changed my username but could you please delete that old cache? or do whatever is necessary (I'm not sure). I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Personal Information
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:42 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

We would be happy to delete anything you want, but have no idea what it is you want us to delete.

Google bots just come and read what is public on any web site. If you have changed your public name then the next time they come (nightly usually) they will read what is here now. We have no control of what Google posts, or what public information their bot has already taken from our site.

The important thing to know is that ONLY your public profile was available to them, not any of your personal signup data. We keep all that confidential and NEVER give it out.

But what you make public, is public, so Google bots can read it. Once they have it, there is no way of removing it from them (at least by us).

I hope that explains things to you. And, to anyone else reading this, the important thing to remember is that we do not give out your personal information to Google, or anyone. But what you make available for anyone to read is then read by Google (and every other web crawler), here and everywhere else on the Intranet. Only put what you want known into publicly available profiles.

Board index » Off Topic » About these Forums