CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Off Topic » CoS Website

Post subject: Website logging me out
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:39 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Well when I am on forum and then click on CoS home it always tell me on that page that I am no logged in and if I want to donate or something I have to log in again. If I go back to the forum though I am logged in again doesn't matter if I logged into the website again or not. Weird error but hopefully can be fixed.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Thanks for reporting this Aryanna!

Unfortunately, we are using a bridge to connect this PHPbb based forum to our website. Our old website did not have a user database. Our new website does, so we have to bridge them. If you were to visit the website first and log in there, and then navigate to the forums from the Community menu item on the home page, you would remain logged into the forums and the site.

We could invest our time in moving our forums to a new format and migrating all of this information, but that would take us a lot of time. Time that we really must spend on working on CoS. Our forums have been up for years and there is a lot of information that is very important to us here. Please rest assured that issues like this will definitely be resolved when we are funded.

Right now, just like much of the art in our game, our website is "placeholder". We do as much as we can with the resources and time that we have, and make improvements when time allows. We definitely plan to have a fully integrated website, and it will also be integrated with our game, as well as providing for account management and all of the other things that you would expect from an MMO site.

Thank you for taking the time to report things, and please continue to do so! We always appreciate feedback from our community.

"Purging is at last at hand. Day of Doom is here. All that is evil, all their allies; your parents, your leaders, those who would call themselves your judges; those who have lied and corrupted the Earth, they shall all be cleansed." ~Thulsa Doom

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:04 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I thought it maybe something like that actually. But at least this way you know xD I rather have the game before a fix to the forum/website anyway! :D

Board index » Off Topic » CoS Website