CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Combat

Post subject: Loading Screen!!!!!!!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Consider this as a challenge a rather silly one it is i know but still.......

After the loading of the game is over it goes directly into the gameplay and shows us our character...
Bcoz this happens im unable to read the tips and hints which seems to always get displayed.....
If u let the loading screen disappear after we press any key or a certain key it would be helpful to read up the tips and hints and then let our character appear in the game....

So make sure to let us have a loading screen and read and then go to gameplay after a certain or any key has been pressed..........

I doubt any1 ll approve of this but those of us who go afk ll b relieved to find this kinda pause in the game. I mean those of us who go afk often can wait till v reach a loading screen and then go in peace than in terror of wat ll happen next......

Yeah its a longshot some of us may get luky to reach a loading screen others may not but still its worth to have that small chance....

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Your idea intrigues me.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:26 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

devilzxdemon wrote:
Consider this as a challenge a rather silly one it is i know but still.......

After the loading of the game is over it goes directly into the gameplay and shows us our character...
Bcoz this happens im unable to read the tips and hints which seems to always get displayed.....
If u let the loading screen disappear after we press any key or a certain key it would be helpful to read up the tips and hints and then let our character appear in the game....

So make sure to let us have a loading screen and read and then go to gameplay after a certain or any key has been pressed..........

I doubt any1 ll approve of this but those of us who go afk ll b relieved to find this kinda pause in the game. I mean those of us who go afk often can wait till v reach a loading screen and then go in peace than in terror of wat ll happen next......

Yeah its a longshot some of us may get luky to reach a loading screen others may not but still its worth to have that small chance....

I actually like this idea....

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Having to hit a key after every loading screen just seems really annoying. Especially if you aren't new to the game.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 am 
Hero of the Citadel

For now we are new!!!!!!!!!

All of us are new and besides after v get old v only need to hit a key y b so lazy as not to do that[hit a key i mean]?????????

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 am 
Producer
Producer

We would have to have loading screens for that to work.

We are not like other games. We don't use zones or loading screens. The entire world is seamless.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:59 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Like Morphael said, once you are in the Reflected World there are no zones, and therefore, NO loading screens. The game allows players to move seamlessly around the world, into any area, any building, any dungeon, etc.

However, there are two times you do have loading screens. When you initially enter the game you wait while we check and possibly update your client. While that is going on you may read the CoS daily newspaper, to see what is going on in the world today that is newsworthy. When that ends there is a button to enter the game.

The second kind of loading screen comes when you attempt to portal/teleport somewhere. When you are on this screen you have the choice of auto enter or wait to click and enter after arriving. This is because you might step out into some kind of hell, and if you are AFK, well, that would be bad.

Once into that RW, as long as you don't portal/teleport, there will be no load screens, no matter how far you travel, fly, swim, walk, ride, or if you enter any location in the world.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:09 pm 
Citadel Guardian

Jatar wrote:
However, there are two times you do have loading screens. When you initially enter the game you wait while we check and possibly update your client. While that is going on you may read the CoS daily newspaper, to see what is going on in the world today that is newsworthy. When that ends there is a button to enter the game.

I see what you did there ;) , and I'm liking this newspaper!

I think he meant upon entering the game, so I wasn't against the thought at all, until you told me there'll be some news to read while we wait anyway, which will probably be a good deal more important than a few generic tips (and they would have to be quite generic considering the amount of customization) that will probably be common knowledge.

The news might not be so easy to learn about once in the game.

The more you know...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:55 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

You can't imagine how happy I am that there would be a newsletter from the world itself! You start entering the game atmosphere even before the game starts! I'd rather have that than generic tips!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:38 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Speaking of newspaper articles and launchers..
This is for future reference obviously, but if i may suggest we make a CoS wiki? Link to which (or perhaps to make it more interactive some form of comment regarding our latest wiki contributor) could appear somewhere within the launcher window?

Been thinking of this yesterday, suggesting a wiki when the time is proper..the more 'links' there are between in-game context and post-game/external internet activities or portals the better i think; merely consider how google algorythms function and you'll get my point..plus, you would have your patrons' work showcasing the game for you! Think it a cross-breed between EQ2 players page (we would make wiki accounts using in-game character names) and FFIV wiki.
And in a game this big, we could use a wiki, especially crafting-wise. Most players start searching for databases even before their game has finished downloading.
Any thoughts?

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Combat