CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Crowd Funding CoS

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:43 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

We created the group system of pooling your donations to greater rewards as a way of rewarding you for going out there to your berserking buddies, fearsome friends or MMO maniacs, and dragging them over here so we can indoctrinate them in the wonders of Citadel of Sorcery! So... go get 'em!

The objective is to get YOU to bring enough people here so that your whole group gets their own damn Floating Castle! Really, we're serious. We need our Patron Team to (politely) spread the word. We have obviously convinced you that Citadel of Sorcery is going to be awesome... so spread the knowledge, get some converts and have them put YOUR group name into their pledge so that they, and you, get more stuff.

But, MOST IMPORTANTLY, even more importantly than the extra stuff you get, the more people you bring, the FASTER you will get to play the game! We cannot stress this enough.

Every day someone asks us how soon will be get to play? The speed in which we get done is completely in the hands of the Patron Team. The more people that come and pledge, the faster this gets done. It really is that simple, and it really is in your hands. You bring the people, we'll concentrate on making the game. It's a good team effort that gets us ALL in the RWs sooner! Get the word out!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:59 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I want to but do not have the means

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I will be honest that this has been a tough sell for our guild. The character models are a major factor, even though I've informed them they are placeholders. Only three of about 40 expressed interest (former EQ1 players who don't mind the models), but the economic situation is really difficult for them. If it were three months ago, I wouldn't have been able to donate either.

I'm a skeptic, but you guys eventually sold me. But skepticism combined with the current economy makes it a difficult sell. At least among the folks I know anyway.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:07 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I have also tried to showcase this to several people i know..surprisingly, they were already aware of this..some had acquaintances that had also been informed, from yet again different sources..the interest is there Philip, i think to an extent larger than most would think if they judged solely from donations and/or forum members.

the problem lies in other aspects:

1) jaded crowd..too much 'hype' and zero results for almost a decade now..people are at best sceptical of something as vast as CoS promises to be
2) too many self-funded/Kickstarter boosted projects that did not live up to their expectations and/or went nowhere, new degrees of caution henceforth
3) bad timing
i)state of economy in many, many regions
ii)most players have recently spent a lot of money purchasing products that released the previous 2 months. It affects things. Pledges should be higher come next month

Give it time, numbers will grow :)
Forums here have already kicked up within a single day, and that is a very good sign !

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:22 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Just remember...

It only takes about 334 people donating 30.00 to hit 10,000.

If you have 167 people sign up to give 30.00 a month, it will only take 2 months to reach your goal.

If they're willing to give 50.00 a month, it's just 100 people.

You can break it up as much as you would like :) so, even if you can't give a lot, you can still do it!

The only reason we bring this up is almost everybody has a channel they can speak to, and we certainly have tried most of ours. We're going to keep trying. Our first day was incredibly successful and we are so grateful to all of you who have put your faith in our team. We won't let you down.

"Purging is at last at hand. Day of Doom is here. All that is evil, all their allies; your parents, your leaders, those who would call themselves your judges; those who have lied and corrupted the Earth, they shall all be cleansed." ~Thulsa Doom

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:37 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

would there be any specific time window ?
Or, considering the brilliant idea of recurring pledging, you simply plan to keep this open until say CB time?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:20 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

We already understand all of the factors you are saying. We understand it is difficult. Everything we do on this project is difficult. On our internal website the header states, "If it was easy, everyone would do it".

We're not telling you to spread the word because we think it's easy. We're telling you that if you can be convinced... so can others. If you want this game done sooner, then it is in your power to get it sooner, but you would have to do the hard work of convincing people.

So don't tell me it's hard. Do it, or don't, but understand that you affect your own destiny in when you will play this game.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, you all really are team members now. If you wonder how we kept going for so many years working so hard, this is it. Jatar is so driven to get this game to succeed. You can tell by what he posted here how passionate he is about the game. It is why all of the team members know this game will be finished. He has enthused all of us and now you to be passionate too. In his video Marshall said that we hear almost everyday "if it was easy, everyone would do it." Welcome to our world. : )

This game will be finished. We will all get to play it. Thank you for your support!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I don't think it's humanly possible for me to be more passionate about this!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:27 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Max wrote:
would there be any specific time window ?
Or, considering the brilliant idea of recurring pledging, you simply plan to keep this open until say CB time?

We will stop allowing people to contribute if we:

1) Secure another source of funding for the project
2) Release the Game

:)

And we really appreciate ALL of you. I can't tell you how nice it was to see all of this support from you. I don't know how else to thank you guys.

"Purging is at last at hand. Day of Doom is here. All that is evil, all their allies; your parents, your leaders, those who would call themselves your judges; those who have lied and corrupted the Earth, they shall all be cleansed." ~Thulsa Doom

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Crowd Funding CoS