CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Crowd Funding CoS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:47 pm 
Citadel Guardian

I have no problem with that fact that donaters get access to alpha and beta, and other in game goodies. But when comes to game updates, videos and things like that. I don't think they should be the only one that get access to that stuff. Like that holiday video. To me it feels as though you all are punishing me just because I can't afford to donate money. I contribute in other ways. I have told all my video gamer friends about this game, my table top gamer friends. put up flyers in our towns D&D game store, posted thing on my steam account, facebook to help bring in donations. Yet I don't access to that info. If I how to make a website I'd do that too :D. I really think you guys to rethink the how exclusive patron info thing your doing.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 pm 

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:
I have no problem with that fact that donaters get access to alpha and beta, and other in game goodies. But when comes to game updates, videos and things like that. I don't think they should be the only one that get access to that stuff. Like that holiday video. To me it feels as though you all are punishing me just because I can't afford to donate money. I contribute in other ways. I have told all my video gamer friends about this game, my table top gamer friends. put up flyers in our towns D&D game store, posted thing on my steam account, facebook to help bring in donations. Yet I don't access to that info. If I how to make a website I'd do that too :D. I really think you guys to rethink the how exclusive patron info thing your doing.

No one is punishing you thats for sure, I have spent a lot of hours on here discussing the game for years. And just discussing the concepts and the game design are really enjoyable, anyone is allowed to do that.

Theres vast amounts of info available for this game even though it is in the Pre-Alpha stage. If you ask direct questions about certain elements of the game some may be able to enlighten you but not sure what more can be done than that.

As much information as is practical and relevant is provided to the forumns. I went through an exercise where i had over 120 pages of quotes from within these forumns on game topics and responses from 'The Developers', so you should have a lot of questions to ask from all of that. Unless you have soaked up every last drop you are reading. :-)

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:22 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:

First off, let me personally thank you for the support you have given to CoS! We really do appreciate your efforts. Now, as to your concerns. There are some important things to understand, the first is that people who donate to the project to the Herald and Scribe levels are actually joining the MMO Magic team supporting the making of the game. This is why we call it the Patron Team. As people helping with the game the are privy to things that others are not.

But, it is interesting to note that most of what they get to know is not secret information. Instead, they are taking on a job of answering the questions that people, like yourself, ask in these forums. They get information to hand out, not to horde. The Patron Forum section is not a discussion area, it is a place where they can access the answers to questions that forum members ask. So, in essence, they are not getting more information than you, they are just being put to work dispensing the information so that the CoS dev team can spend more of their time working on the game.

However, for doing this work we do occasionally throw them a small reward in the way of seeing a few things slightly sooner than we would show them to everyone else, something like that simple video of some NPCs gathering around a Xmas tree. They have to get something for their hard work! It is a reward for them, not a punishment for others. To call it that would also mean that every person on the dev team that is paid a wage or gets to see what we did yesterday is now punishing players in some way. It is quite the opposite. Every dollar donated and every hour spent helping us manage the flow of information to the forums speeds up the making of this game, which in turn gets the game to you sooner. This is not punishing you, it is helping you!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:07 pm 
Citadel Guardian

Okay thank you for clearing that up Jatar, and apologies for miss understanding what was going on.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:26 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I just donated! How long until I can view the secret forums? Still has me as yellow.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:57 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

You should have access in about five minutes from now.

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:55 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I just donated at the Patron level. Will I get the access automatically or does someone need to add me?

Also, I have a problem with my profile if someone can check that out:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2245

Thanks!

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:13 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

We process those regularly, so soon. :)

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:48 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Sargon wrote:
I just donated at the Patron level. Will I get the access automatically or does someone need to add me?

Also, I have a problem with my profile if someone can check that out:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2245

Thanks!

You should now have access to the Patron Forum section, glad to have you on board!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:25 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Jatar wrote:
You should now have access to the Patron Forum section, glad to have you on board!

I believe I should be a Patron Scribe now. Can you update me? Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Crowd Funding CoS