CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Roleplaying

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:06 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

So, I'll respond to this thread as well, eventually...but I'm curious!

Has anyone thought of a back story, basic attributes, or any details for their character? I'd love to hear it!

"Purging is at last at hand. Day of Doom is here. All that is evil, all their allies; your parents, your leaders, those who would call themselves your judges; those who have lied and corrupted the Earth, they shall all be cleansed." ~Thulsa Doom

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Oddly enough I haven't decided if Liefde is going to be the name of my character.. but I definitely know what my back story should be!

Birth.

Liefde was born into a noble's family at the end of it's run.. his father had been injured in the leg during a failed attempt at his life just before Liefde's birth and as he shunned superstition and healing, his wound festered and started to rot. The rotting stench from his leg was unbearable, not only that.. he became fat due to his inability to walk and eventually got so depressed he killed himself. Liefde's mother never wanted to sacrifice luxury and so to avoid being removed from nobility she married another noblemen on the day her former husband died.. there was one condition she eagerly agreed to, that Liefde be tossed aside.

Childhood, growing up.

And so as a 3 year old boy Liefde was brought to the orphanage. Liefde had an especially rough time in the orphanage due to his coming from nobility, and the constant bullying had turned him into a smart mouthed and agile ruffian. At the age of 8 he'd become somewhat feared by his fellow orphans, and had started pick pocketing.. sadly for Liefde on his first attempt he tried to pickpocket a trickster from the circus in town (how could he have known?!) and was made to join the circus as punishment. The very trickster he had tried to pickpocket would become his mentor in many things over the years and while Liefde performed as one of the daredevil trapeze artists he was also taught how to read, sword fight and most importantly, how to charm the younger ladies visiting the circus.

Prologue.

Of course every story has a beginning and an end, and the end of the circus for Liefde came when they had their first gig in the citadel. People from all over the citadel came to watch the acts and ladies from all over the citadel were woo'd over by Liefde's apparent charm. The wildest catch of them all was a beautiful noblewomen.

The slender woman had beautiful curves and a body that was different in every way from the village women he used to entertain, slender, long legs, long, curling red hair and brown eyes that seemed to look straight through you. The 20 year old Liefde could barely contain his hormonal instincts to jump on top of her at first sight. They shared eye contact during his act, and after the act he'd tried to approach her but she'd teasingly pushed him aside and left.. the next day however, she'd be back and would continue the same routine. This went on for 3 days when something suddenly changed.
The noblewoman decided to let Liefde talk to her and before they knew it they were in her house having an evening that dripped lust and passion. At the end of their love making Liefde was asked to leave quietly, without anyone noticing.. but the years at the circus had made him arrogant and he decided to try and find some jewelry. And so he looked around, and found what looked like the entrance to the master bedroom. No one'd be awake at this hour, he figured and so he opened the door to the master bedroom without so much as a squeak and peered inside to see only darkness, and hear only snoring. A good opportunity for some looting.
It didn't take him long to find a jewelry box and upon opening it his heart sank, and the jewelry box fell to the floor. "Why is that here..?" he said in shock as he saw the pendant his mother used to wear. It took him 5 seconds to realise he was standing in the middle of a room and place he really wasn't supposed to be in before he fled.. but not before the lady of the house had a look at him, her own son.

The next day at the circus the noblewomen was there again, but instead of the eye contact during his act, she arrived at the end of his act, visibly shaken. She talked to Liefde, stating that her mother had found out and that she was scared. She told Liefde she wanted to find a quiet place to talk and Liefde, taken over by hormones could only hope for another night like the one before and so reluctantly agreed and followed her to the park. 20 minutes later they arrived at the park and as they did he suddenly noticed the smell of fire coming from the direction of the circus. the next thing he noticed was the sound of crying from the noblewoman who dropped a few coins and said in a trembling voice "I am sorry". Before he could react however she ran off, and he afraid of what might have happened at the circus ran as fast as his legs could carry him.

When he arrived at the circus his fears had been confirmed. The place he'd called home and the people who he'd loved had gone up in a sea of flame and he had as well, trying to save them.

Liefde wakes up 2 days later with the last thing he remembers being wrapped up in flames. Trying to force the memory out of his head he looks around, and finds two notes lying on the table next to his bed. They spoke of goodbyes he couldnt read and truths of his mother that'd make his blood boil.

--

In short that gives my character a chance to be something special in many ways

* Nobleborn, not everyone was happy with the way things went at the death of Liefde's father. His mother marrying another the same day his father died, some nobles found that too much of a coincidence and will support Liefde in a claim to his family name.. if he can survive the long reaching influence of his mother.

* The Trickster, the goodbyes he'd left spoke of a secret order that he'd actually been training Liefde for. He'd need his knowledge of lore, his way with women, his agile body and cunning mind for what is to come.

* The rival, the noblewomen.. and daughter of the nobleman Liefde's mother had married (not actually the daughter of Liefde's mother) can be manipulated by "Mother" into becoming Liefde's rival, using her looks and charms to set people against Liefde.

You can imagine the 20 year old Liefde as 6"1 slender (but muscly) built human male with black half long waving hair, stubble, ocean blue eyes and a somewhat rough look going on with that. He's got a standard pair of linen brown trousers, a studded dark leather tunic (long sleeved, given to him by the trickster) and a tattered linen dark cloak for travelling. He's quite good with daggers and throwing knives. And after his awakening he sometimes can swear there's fire surrounding his hands.

Last edited by Liefde on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:54 pm 
Citadel Guardian

I'm always a Trellen...but that first name will change based on what attitude I want to take. My favorite character has probably been Trompart Trellen, and I can very well see myself using him. After all, we're fallen heroes, so using a hero from my past is perfectly logical.

Trompart is a tricky man. He's not evil, nor does he claim to be good. He's a mystery, an enigma. No one really knows who he is because he always is what he needs to be. He's the toughest guy around when the situation calls for it but he's the first one out the door if he knows too much trouble is coming. He's a manipulator of the highest order.

Trompart doesn't particularly like fighting, but he doesn't shy away from it when it's needed. He'd much rather set a trap, be it physical, mental, or political, and lure his enemies in.

He learned his ways when he was young, becoming a knight, his training taking place under someone that was...corrupt, to say the least. When his tutor fell from grace, none of the mud stuck to him. He rose though the ranks with unparalleled speed, always seeming to please those higher than him.

No one ever got close enough to Trompart to know his true personality, or even his true motives. Though his life, everyone, even his wife, was kept at enough of an arm's length emotionally that no one really knew anything about him, except what mask he wore.

Perhaps his biggest achievement was that no one ever even realized that they were manipulated by him, every second they spent in his presence. Though his morality was always questionable, no one ever realized it, except him, and he was held in the highest regard by all who knew his name.

Lucky for him, he's had so much practice, because now, he plays a dangerous game of cat and mouse. How will he change his mask to always get what he wants from everyone if the one person he most needs to manipulate can be watching at any moment?

I can't wait to find out!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:19 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Erm, won't our memories be erased once our souls are put in a new body? It seems like if we have a backstory, we will have no idea what it was.

Based on that, my backstory will be I'll wake up in the Citadel with no clue as to what's happened or what's going on. I imagine that I'll be quite confused. :?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:21 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Lonfer wrote:
Erm, won't our memories be erased once our souls are put in a new body? It seems like if we have a backstory, we will have no idea what it was.

Based on that, my backstory will be I'll wake up in the Citadel with no clue as to what's happened or what's going on. I imagine that I'll be quite confused. :?

Party pooper.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 pm 
Citadel Guardian

Lonfer wrote:

I believe we will find out a bit about our character's history though the game.

I imagine that with that, we'll be able to add more as we see fit, but we'd have to be careful not to get too specific, otherwise we might end up with a conflict on our hands.

However, your character has to have SOME personality. I don't imagine you'll wake up in the citadel as a robot, and the resurrection probably doesn't change a person's personality.

Thus, even if your character doesn't know his story, he has one, but one that he doesn't know, at least not at first. You, as the person that controls that character, however, could very well know some things about the life your character lived.

I'd just avoid that he got mauled to death by a rabbit with big pointy teeth, since you might discover that he actually got flung off a bridge for not knowing the capital of Assyria.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:36 am 
Citadel Recruit

I have a bunch of lore I have been developing for another character of mine that I would like to transplant into here if possible. Nearing 10,000 words worth. Since the character that is being developed is a half-mechanical Dwarf in a steampunk setting (video game) I might have a hard time importing it, but I do love me some Dwarves. Perhaps the the Gargoyles fit in best with his character. Unfortunately I would need several threads to post it all, but perhaps after I do some adaptations I will. Love this RP stuff :)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:50 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Mattrellen wrote:
Lonfer wrote:

I believe we will find out a bit about our character's history though the game.

I imagine that with that, we'll be able to add more as we see fit, but we'd have to be careful not to get too specific, otherwise we might end up with a conflict on our hands.

However, your character has to have SOME personality. I don't imagine you'll wake up in the citadel as a robot, and the resurrection probably doesn't change a person's personality.

Thus, even if your character doesn't know his story, he has one, but one that he doesn't know, at least not at first. You, as the person that controls that character, however, could very well know some things about the life your character lived.

I'd just avoid that he got mauled to death by a rabbit with big pointy teeth, since you might discover that he actually got flung off a bridge for not knowing the capital of Assyria.

I know. I was just having some fun. :P

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:52 pm 
Citadel Guardian

Mattrellen wrote:

But what if the Fallen Hero revived was a robot?

Also, I'm sure my perception on things would change as a Fallen Hero when I realize that I was revived and am working for the Eyes.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:37 pm 
Fallen Hero

I have absolutely no idea what my character's name is going to be... but if I could, I would have my backstory be that I am of the blood, yes, but a forgotton line. I would be a farmer, who joined the military, and was discovered. From there, I rose in the ranks to finally venture and become a Fallen Hero.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Roleplaying