CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play

Post subject: pvp
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 pm 

i just started reading the forums today and haven't seen anything really on pvp was wondering if there was any form of pvp in cos. Personally cos sounds amazing i really am interested in the concept of it ,but like i said havent heard anything of pvp yet which is one of the biggest reasons wow or any of the current big mmo's are still popular i believe. Even if there is no form of pvp i will love this game i play mainly for a wonderful story line and to me it sounds as if each quest itself is an epic story line for current games so congrats thats where you had me sold on cos i really am mostly curious about pvp more so because of pking and was wondering if that was even possible in cos personally i would be very happy without it.

Post subject: Re: pvp
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:26 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

There is a bit of information on the Gameplay page. It should whet your appetite for the things to come. :)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

PvP is restricted to an arena, but once you're there, there are many options and choices of PvP. Even if you don't PvP you get to go watch and bet on players :p but as for your question, no there will not be open word PvP where you can be PK'd.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Raevyn has made a short video about this and can be found herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quFgSiV-nEE&feature=plcp
the shadow arena section on the forum is for PvP discussion.
hope that helps

live and die on this day

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:02 pm 

well i'm very thankful for no pvp outside arena i believe that was actually one major turn off to wow honestly if you wanted to make a new charcter and lvl you would have to watch out for lvl 80's that were out just being pure mean killing lower lvls and honestly the no grinding to lvl sounds amazing and no level system i believe it puts players on equal footing no matter how far in someone else is if you know how to use your abilities better you still have a chance of winning in pvp i think while there hasnt been much said on that aspect of cos pvp will be funner in cos than any game out right now just becuase the no lvl system evens things out and fighting will actually be all about skill

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:38 am 

thisguyhur wrote:
well i'm very thankful for no pvp outside arena i believe that was actually one major turn off to wow honestly if you wanted to make a new charcter and lvl you would have to watch out for lvl 80's that were out just being pure mean killing lower lvls and honestly the no grinding to lvl sounds amazing and no level system i believe it puts players on equal footing no matter how far in someone else is if you know how to use your abilities better you still have a chance of winning in pvp i think while there hasnt been much said on that aspect of cos pvp will be funner in cos than any game out right now just becuase the no lvl system evens things out and fighting will actually be all about skill

But that dsaid one thing the developers have stated is that NPCs will be very inteligent in a lot of cases. So they will be as nasty as PvPers so you will have a lot to worry about out in that old wilderness outside the protection of "The Citadel"

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:27 am 
Fallen Hero

Isane wrote:
But that dsaid one thing the developers have stated is that NPCs will be very inteligent in a lot of cases. So they will be as nasty as PvPers so you will have a lot to worry about out in that old wilderness outside the protection of "The Citadel"

NPCs do not bring the competition that pvp can bring. I am an all fan for world pvp as Lineage2 was my starting point, but I understand that it can't really world in every game. I surely missed the ability to kill other players of my faction wile playing wow... God it would give me such a pleasure to make trains on them just to see the idiots die and leave the quest mobs all to myself, I'm a bit territorial, don't judge me the bible says not to (or so I hope).

As long as the arena is interesting enough it wont be a problem, it worked before, it will work again.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 am 

Dragonhand wrote:
Isane wrote:

NPCs do not bring the competition that pvp can bring. I am an all fan for world pvp as Lineage2 was my starting point, but I understand that it can't really world in every game. I surely missed the ability to kill other players of my faction wile playing wow... God it would give me such a pleasure to make trains on them just to see the idiots die and leave the quest mobs all to myself, I'm a bit territorial, don't judge me the bible says not to (or so I hope).

As long as the arena is interesting enough it wont be a problem, it worked before, it will work again.

Dragonhand , well that is where we differ. I have little interest in competing against no-marks in CoS. It is The World, Community and it's lore in "The Citadel" that interests me. And if the cult of the Wooden Dagger gets some reputation for dragonslaying than all is good.

It is what CoS offers here that interests me , if I want PvP i play games where everyone has identical charachters and it is a level playing field. MMOs never provide that so it's pointless.

(And don't take that as I don't like PvP i do , but not with respect to what CoS offers. I don't feel I need to compete in computer games, I do my competing in the Real World).

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:27 am 
Citadel Guardian

Isane wrote:
Dragonhand , well that is where we differ. I have little interest in competing against no-marks in CoS. It is The World, Community and it's lore in "The Citadel" that interests me. And if the cult of the Wooden Dagger gets some reputation for dragonslaying than all is good.

It is what CoS offers here that interests me , if I want PvP i play games where everyone has identical charachters and it is a level playing field. MMOs never provide that so it's pointless.

(And don't take that as I don't like PvP i do , but not with respect to what CoS offers. I don't feel I need to compete in computer games, I do my competing in the Real World).

I do think that competition in a game can add a lot to it, but I'm not too big on traditional PvP, I must admit.

I played a game where not all PvP was straight up combat. There was one arena that had a player trying to avoid getting killed while holding an orb, and while he was alive, he got points, faster in more dangerous areas, while another single player tried to kill him. When the player died, they traded situations, highest score won.

In another totally different game, two teams would try to gather ingredients to make rum. There was no combat, but teams got to fight each other by burning down bridges, equipment, trees, etc.

I've always felt that this style of PvP is more fun, more full of lore, and tends to inspire more friendly competition than normal straight up combat.

I will agree that CoS has so much more to offer that, unless you're pretty hardcore for it, everything else will probably keep you busy for a lifetime anyway. Generally PvP is set up to provide more to do after you've done everything else. If the world, the lore, and the people can keep you entertained forever, PvP will likely take a backseat to other things for people like us, unless it's very creative.

That being said, CoS is going to be so creative in so many other aspects, it wouldn't surprise me to see the PvP have some options interesting enough for those of us who are interested in other things to dabble in it to some extent.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:51 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Well, I can totally understand how and why people like PvP, but it's exactly why CoS is restricting PvP to an arena, because for a game with such an engaging story and lore having people be "territorial" killing random "idiots" who are just trying to enjoy their story would beat the purpose.

There are other games for wildly running around one-hitting freshly created characters or dancing around those who are too strong to kill just to annoy them. CoS is a different ball game, the main focus is the story not the goofing around. As for those who do like the challenge of PvP there is an arena to get their fix, this way everyone gets to enjoy the game without grief.

Personally, I have other interests in games and I tend to stay away from open word PvP games because there is always a bunch who have their fun by ruining the fun of others.

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play