CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:19 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

perhaps not "boss" monsters that spawn at set intervals, but let's say CoS includes a nocturnal creature that you CAN find during the day, but it'll be sleeping in its cave. It only wakes at night and is a fierce hunter. knowing that they live in the area you're in, you may want to stay clear of the forest at night, put your tyven's nose on them during the day for an "easy" kill.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:11 pm 
Fallen Hero

That'd be interesting... We could have a contest, who can stay in the day the longest. Start in the Citadel an hour before sunset.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:22 am 
Hero of the Citadel

stay alive, without getting kidnapped or captured,....

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:43 pm 

Now see if you guys were to log into Altme on occasion youd get to see us chatting about things like you are talking about the dusk thing and all. But in all fun and games style, I love events, im a pioneer as I stated before. I run all over, poking my nose into every trap and treasure chest.. pounding the dungeons and generally having a hell of a good time.

Events are fun, Gm spawns a demon on teh front lawn of the mayors house and i catch wind of it, well, i may have to res a few hundred times, but ill keep advertising the Demons location every time i respawn. And yes Demons are that powerful. They are mega raid baddies with a taste for the human delicacy. So yeah i look forward to the insane events.

We will have PVE battles in forts and all kinds of open world content... itll be insane... if you get bored then turn around and run that way ---->. There's a whole world and alot that wants to beat us, smash us, eat us, and definitely will challenge us. Things are gonna be hopping all over so just look around and im sure if your story line doesnt kill ya a few hundred times there's something else in the world that will >:)

Be it in one time zone or three others.. this is gonna be fun. will i feel corralled? not until i find every single tiny corner of the world.. and even then there will be more so nope not feeling it.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:12 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

One other note on being 'Corralled'. You are currently corralled, since the real Earth is a finite space. Once you reach the end of exploring it, there isn't any more. Unfortunately, we haven't figured out a way to travel to other Stars and their planets yet. I doubt this has made you feel like you have seen all of Earth.

CoS is very much like this, the amount of space you have to explore is massive, and it is unlikely that you will ever see it all, no matter how long you play. Each Territory of this planet that we open up for play in CoS will come with about three hundred thousand square kilometers of the Wild to explore, and there will be many Territories. Typical MMO games you have already played offer a grand total of about 900 sq. kilometers, that's everything in their entire world. Just one Territory in CoS will have over 300 times more area to explore, multiply that times the number of territories and you start to get the idea, that's thousands of times larger than typical MMO games.

At 10 km per hour, it only takes about three hours to run across a typical MMO world. To walk across one of our Territories in a straight line will take you about one hundred and ten hours, or over four real days. That means never leaving your computer, and never stopping to fight, no pauses at all, no turns or time to explore, for four real days!

Imagine just going in a straight line for ten hours in a game! Now realize that after doing that in CoS you can keep going for another 100 hours in just this first Territory! Then think about the fact that you haven't yet seen a tiny fraction of this entire 300,000 sq. kilometers, and this is just one of many such places on the planet. You will feel anything but corralled, in fact, you will feel that the world is almost too big. You can get lost for weeks out there, if not months.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:02 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

that's all great about altme, which I do sign on every now and then. The problem is, that there's not really a good point of reference to where you left off and what's new chat. Yes, there are time stamps, but ain't nobody got time to read everything that's new everytime they sign on. I quit skype because it was getting too busy. And it's not always possible for someone to remember the exact day they last signed on to go find it in the timestamps and start from there. short messages scroll very quickly, while more detailed responses on forum posts are easier to keep up with.

I just think that it's handy when someone asks a question that's already been covered to just answer it again, or post a link to where someone can find the exact answer they're looking for. Perhaps it could even be a slightly different question, but misunderstood at first too.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:21 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Actually, that is incorrect, Altme marks any group title with a new message in it in red letters. Then, when you open the group it marks any specific message you haven't yet read with a yellow background.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:23 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

However, that being said, it is still a chat program mainly for live conversation, not a forum, which is why we have these forums as forums.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:51 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

see, now i did not even know that. I did notice the red letters showing that chat has been added, but I did not know about the yellow background, because all I notice is that it places you at the most current place of conversation, not where you left off so you still have to scroll up.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:00 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

However, this is not the appropriate forum thread to be discussing Altme. :)

This should be about how much land is enough for exploration. And do you believe that several million square kilometers is being 'corralled'.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play