CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play

Post subject: a full size earth?
 Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:28 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

So the game is a full size earth, which is nothing short of awesome.

What I'd like to know, is this: Will there be mobs/population in unexplored area? Or will they be empty?

If I understood correctly, the game itself will monitor population in areas of the game, and assign new objectives to mobs.

My question is this, is there population everywhere on the planet? Or are areas completly empty of life appart from flora/oceans? Or are there mobs everywhere on the planet, including in places that have so far not been explored by players?

Basically, I'm a bit apprehensive that some areas are a bit like Skyrim, with absolutely nothing but flora in some areas appart from quest specific stuff, which in this case should not be possible since quests generates the things when needed if I got it right.

Post subject: Re: a full size earth?
 Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:01 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I can reasonably predict, by the time a character can reach unexplored areas, there will be someone or something there to greet him.
On the reverse side of that, don't expect to walk from New York to Los Angeles very fast ... or swim to England.
Do you go in a straight line with no deviation?
Do you explore each new area you come to?
Do mountains, lakes and rivers block the straightest way?

Also, I'm sure that individual creatures aren't generated until someone is there to experience its presence. (Is there really a bear in the woods if nobody sees it?)

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:03 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Wyndyn wrote:
Also, I'm sure that individual creatures aren't generated until someone is there to experience its presence. (Is there really a bear in the woods if nobody sees it?)

I loved that :).

That was my point exactly, granted it's not going to happen anytime soon, but eventually, people will explore unexplored area, just to know what's actually there ^_^. I know I will eventually :D

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Exploration is definitely a part of CoS. Just remember it is a dangerous world. The closer to the Citadel you are the more "civilized" it is. Of course CoS civilization isn't exactly known for being safe. Feuds, wars, political infighting, and in CoS monsters coming to the area, (to name a few) are all part of civilization. The monster population that is in those areas would naturally be a little less, as there are more people to take them on. So, as you travel into the wilds there will be somewhat more monsters, because there are fewer people to kill them. In fact, you will pretty much be exploring into their areas. So, make sure you watch your back, as our monsters can track you just like you track them.

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:56 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Oh yes, I read they could track us somewhere on the site, and that got me even more excited! :D

I was only wondering about the population in unexplored area, and if I read your answer correctly, there are bears where we do not see them :D

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:12 pm 

Could have a true mob population growth? Like if you kill a lot then you se less and if you dont kill you see more... And if you really kill a lot maybe the mob go to a exticition and this changes the growth of other mobs...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:19 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

drax wrote:
Could have a true mob population growth? Like if you kill a lot then you se less and if you dont kill you see more... And if you really kill a lot maybe the mob go to a exticition and this changes the growth of other mobs...

Hi drax. Welcome to the forums. :)

This post has a response from Jatar that goes into some detail about the monster respawning system: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2295&start=10

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:12 am 

Yes i have read it now, and other stuff... So the dev, team will put something that is this and not at the same time, but is somethig i liked :)

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play