CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:13 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

We already know they'll try to make our lives as miserable as possible, but what can you actually tell us about them?

I understand they are generated for each players, and are for a lack of better word, unique.

Are they crated as the sametime as we create our character? Or our actions/inactions will eventually create a nemesis for us?

Basically, I just don"t want to create a toon, and be attacked by a nemesis stronger than me before I'm a bit familiar with the game at least :).

And can we secude/convince our nemesis to join us? Or does one has to die?

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:29 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

squishy wrote:
We already know they'll try to make our lives as miserable as possible, but what can you actually tell us about them?

I understand they are generated for each players, and are for a lack of better word, unique.

Are they created as the same time as we create our character? Or will our actions/inactions will eventually create a nemesis for us?

Nemesis characters are part of quest creation. When you enter a new Reflected World and start a new quest we process the quest and your history through the True Quest Module. This does many things, some of which we're not going to tell you. Among those things it sees if there is a need for a Nemesis Character, and looks to see if you have any personal enemies, and if so, picks one or more to take part in this story. If you don't have one, or even occasionally if you do, it creates a new NPC and inserts it into the story. That new NPC may become one of your Nemesis Characters for the future.

Basically, I just don"t want to create a toon, and be attacked by a nemesis stronger than me before I'm a bit familiar with the game at least :).

And can we secude/convince our nemesis to join us? Or does one has to die?

I'll never tell, you can torture me, and I'll never talk, just don't offer me ice cream.
[/color]

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:44 pm 
Hero of the Citadel

Looks like we can make many friends and find out they are going to betray us or have a few enemies who are going to become our friends....

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:07 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

So, if they're part of the quest creation, they won't ambush us in the wild unless we're on a quest saying so?

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:25 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Quests will never say if the NPC have a mind to betray us or stay loyal to us or to ask us for help and disappear or .....
Things are bound to happen as the events unfolds and how the NPC determines the outcome may lie with his/her way of thinking....

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:29 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I meant, if we're not actually on a quest, will the nemesis still come after us?

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:12 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

squishy wrote:
I meant, if we're not actually on a quest, will the nemesis still come after us?

Quests are where we create Nemesis, but once they become your personal enemy, there is no telling where they will show up.

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:59 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

*gulps*

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:48 am 
Citadel Recruit

When you join a party for a quest, does someones nemesis become aware of you and depending on your actions can that nemesis also take an interest in you and even become your nemesis with proper interaction?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:56 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

They will take notice of you, but only for this quest. Each Nemesis is the personal enemy of a particular player. We did this because we want to make sure that this particular player has a chance to kill their Nemesis some day, otherwise it would be very unsatisfying to find out your personal enemy, who has thwarted you for so long, was killed by someone else. Don't worry, you will have your own 'René Belloq' to deal with, possibly several.

Another reason is that your Nemesis may steal something from you some day, and the way to get it back is to hunt that bastard down by going Bounty Hunting. If some other player killed them without you there, then you would not be present to recover your stolen item.

The way they steal something from you is by your surrender, or if they disable you, or knock you unconscious in a battle. Nemesis are the ONLY thing that steals your stuff in CoS, just one more reason to hate them. They WILL give you even more reasons, trust me.

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play