CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play

Post subject: Re: Costumes
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:56 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

I love feeling cheap and dirty. Oh wait, you are talking about the game. So far we are not planning on any "Mist" Abilities, so that one won't work, but keep on thinking, you never know. We do have a tether Ability, which separates your soul from your body. You could slip through the bars with that, but your body would still be locked up, and your soul can't pick up anything. There is a tether between your soul and your body, and if something gets between it (a door, a person), and that tether is broken, your soul is snapped back to your body (with some damage involved). It's good for spying, but not so good for escaping.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:50 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Prey had something similar, although in Soul form you could interact with some limited things, actually part of the puzzles to open doors etc. I can't remember exactly all the details about it, but it was a bit similar if memory serves :)

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:19 pm 
Hero of the Citadel

So we can become a soul and search for the guard with the key or wait for the Boss to start talking about his plans because he is happy that we have been captured. We can learn about his plans and gain more information by the talks of the soldiers around him... Possibilities seems endless...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:31 am 
Citadel Guardian

Would the tether prevent one from entering a guard's body, controlling him, have him open the jail door, take his uniform\weapon(s), then lock him inside whilst you escape?

Or if not that, any 'compelling magics' available that would accomplish the same result?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:12 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

although, I love to control npc's, in a MMO, that's usually an open door to abuses :)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:03 am 
Citadel Guardian

squishy wrote:
although, I love to control npc's, in a MMO, that's usually an open door to abuses :)

True squishy, however confined to just jailbreaks as being discussed and as only an example of many ways to escape, it becomes rather benign.

My first inclination was to suggest peeing on the guard to gain their attention and ire, assuming (s)he would open the door to give me a lashing, wherein I could overcome them. But MMO's usually do without such bodily allowances now don't they!? ;)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:33 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

As a guard, I'd just pee back on you personally, then call my friends to do the same :)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:41 pm 

Any ability you have as a player, the NPC's potentially can have too. It may be fun to control an NPC but would it be fun for an NPC to control you? This is one of the main deciding factors of what goes in, and what stays out. CoS is going as far away from the... "It's like this cause i say" mentality, that most MMO's have. If you have an ability, it doesn't make sense that you would only be able to use it, just to escape a prison. An MMO that tries to make sense? What is the world coming to!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:35 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Well as the guards are the ones who have us imprisoned I cant see the reason as to why they need to be shown pity. I will try to get the whole guard squad inside a cell by making the 1 guard under my control claim there's something interesting in that cell and it needs to be investigated immediately. The item in that cell seems to be dangerous for me todo the investigation alone. Please help me to find out what item is there in that cell, Lets Go and get locked there!!!!~^_^~!!!
:twisted:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:42 am 

The guards are just following orders, trying to do their job and feed their family. Its their superiors that want you there. Only one solution... assassinate the head of the guard! That will make them forget about you right?

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play