CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play

Post subject: Archaeology question
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:25 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

So, I'm the kind of person that will spend a majority of my time exploring the wild, most likely on my own or with friends who care to venture with me. My interest is not particularly on the storyline, however, I may take part bit by bit. My question is for those of us who have played games like Runescape, in which a wealthy player, due to many hours of focused gameplay, has accumulated enough in game currency to purchase "rare" items just to have them. They serve no other purpose than to be trophies of a player's wealth or status in the game. My curiosity is toward artifacts and other things we may be able to discover through pure adventures in the wild. Likely, there will be many artifacts one will find specifically for an upgraded weapon of users' choice, or to find the last ingredient, the lonefire blossom deep in the bowels of a dormant volcano, for your potion of deliverance. What I'm after are the more historic items of value, such that one would discover it and think of it more as a museum piece. A true treasure hunter of sorts. I perhaps could find the Sword of 3000 Eyes, which in a combat situation is relatively useless due to its chemical structure, however, is designed for the hands of a king. I could then potentially take this, and many other discoveries and place them within the confines of the Guild Hall on display for other players to travel near and far to see what wonderful things I and my guild mates have accomplished aside from combat oriented tasks, or titles.

There will always be treasure to find, for everyone, but I would like to know just a little bit more information about treasure hunting for those of us who wish to actually travel the "world" and see what it has to offer.

On a side note, with NPCs in the game, will there be levels of sophistication? Such as if you were to travel far away from the Citadel, you might encounter a small village of NPCs who behave primitively, away from our "society", but are very humble, and nice, and perhaps have to communicate through charades due to not speaking the same language, or even a way for us to research and learn how to speak this language to communicate with them in an "auto-to-english" sort of way. I think that this would be a very interesting aspect to any game.

Post subject: Re: Archaeology question
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:47 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

I'll leave the npc question for another time, but we have a robust system for artifact collecting, including a museum in the Citadel that will send you on archeological quests to find ancient artifacts. These can be returned to the museum for rewards, where they are put on display with the name of character who found it. Or you can keep it and display them at your house or Guild.

The history of the Reflected Worlds includes many ages, though the most important artifacts will likely come from the first age.

There will be a series of novels about the game world, the first of which takes place at the end of the first age, so players can learn more about that time when they read the books. The first book of that series is nearly done, but we won't release any of them until closer to launch. :)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:10 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Will get an artifact, keep it in me house for a week, then give it to the museum which sent me to get it....

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:16 am 
Fallen Hero

Say I get an artifact before I get a house. Then a while later, I build my self a House at my Garrison. Will I be able to get my artifact back to put it my house? Is there a benefit to donating it? Will I gain reputation with the Museum or something?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:12 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

There are three benefits, 1) You had the fun of going on the archeological quest. 2) You were rewarded by the museum. 3) Your name is on the item in the museum so you can show your friends your accomplishments.

As far as your first question, don't sell it to the museum if you want to display it later, store it in a warehouse crate. Once you sell it to the museum, they own it.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:43 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

With some real life artifacts such as the Hope Diamond, ownership of such an item supposedly triggers a curse that affects the owner. Will there be cursed artifacts you would rather the museum or someone else did own?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:18 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Mmmmm, cursed items... I'll never tell.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:55 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

:O

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:30 pm 
Hero of the Citadel

Me speculation indicates that cursed items exists in every possible place in every possible manner
:twisted:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:53 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

If cursed items do exist: I would absolutely love if perhaps one could customize the look of said cursed items and say turn something into a cursed blade resembling that from One Piece? anyone with me?

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play