CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:44 am 
Citadel Recruit

hello great team of CoS
the videos look very very great , the video of landshape is cool, so HUGE it have a good brightness of light that will satisfied most player , but how dark will will the night be , will it have a moon to light the dark side up , and will Europe , Scandinavia be able to play , and will need to download , or will it be a browser based game , in case of download , how much to download in gb , and what system requirements for graphic and ram etc , i have a memorylose of all i read in past , im all sweat

keep on trucking , CoS Team
Amazing Grace on backpipe

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:14 pm 

Naraka wrote:
hello great team of CoS
the videos look very very great , the video of landshape is cool, so HUGE it have a good brightness of light that will satisfied most player

Hello Naraka. Thank you for the kind words! :D

how dark will will the night be , will it have a moon to light the dark side up

The nights and other dark areas will be dark enough to hide in, both you and all the beasts of the night. I'm not sure if the moon will have a cycle, so its brighter from one night to the next. I'll leave that for a dev.

will Europe , Scandinavia be able to play

I'm pretty sure its planned for worldwide, but don't quote me.

will need to download , or will it be a browser based game

It will definitely be client based, so a download.

in case of download , how much to download in gb , and what system requirements for graphic and ram etc

The client is currently around 2.5Gb but it will grow a lot, as more content is created. The system reqs will be established when the game is much, much closer to being complete. There's no way to know, without having the game finished to test it. It's planned for the graphics to be finished last, so it will always have modern graphics, but to be playable by low spec pc's is really important too.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:46 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

There is a full night and day cycle, with moving moons (two of them), and of course, a moving sun. This is, after all, a full planet the size of Earth, so they pretty much have to move. Also, because this is a real size planet, the night and day cycle are not fixed across the world, meaning, it is day somewhere in the world and night somewhere in the world, at the same time. There are even time zones. :)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:48 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

You mentioned how large you thought the world looked in the video. That was only a little bit of it. If I kept the camera flying for the next nine hours in a straight line, you would only go around the planet in a single line, once. it is 900,000,000 sq. kilometers, in that video you only saw a tiny tiny tiny fraction of the world.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:28 pm 

I love the idea of the day/ night cycles. moons and even the sun. add in the weather events and such and it will bring new elements to gaming never before seen.

As far as requirements.. well im going to guess that 4gb RAM will be about average on the low side. 4GB may sound like alot but in reality to get Windows 7/8 and eventually 10 to work efficiently takes about 2gb minimum ... so yeah most medium line gamers host about 4-8gb.. extreme from 8-32 gb.

There is a lot of data to take in and process so take it as a guess this is a huge game with a lot going on. So at least an quad core cpu level for intel and equivalent for AMD...

Graphics ... well I am hoping it will be the first to support the newest DX but for it to work with economy systems it would have to have support for DX 9.0c... Im thinking it will give us the best of both worlds.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:47 pm 
Hero of the Citadel

Wonder if we can sleep while the sun is shining and then awaken when the moon rises and travel or do our quests etc,...

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play