CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:30 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Morphael wrote:
I think that some people miss the gravity of the situation.

Even with all of the power and resources of the Citadel.. the power of those of the Blood, the power of the Sorcerers.. Morphael is winning. It was only by bringing back the Fallen Heroes that Morphael's advance has been slowed to almost a stale mate.

The only thing really holding Morphael's forces back are the Fallen Heroes. The Citadel may claim victory but without them Morphael would overrun all of the Reflected Worlds.

Morphael isn't just some evil guy in a tower. He's more powerful than anything the Citadel has seen and he has one objective: making all living beings in the Reflected Worlds his slaves and test subjects.

Fallen Heroes helping Morphael willingly just isn't going to be part of the game. The Citadel would just revoke your resurrections and that would be the end of you.

Ah, its even more severe than I thought. You know its bad if Morph himself says so :shock: .

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:37 pm 
Producer
Producer

Lonfer wrote:
Morphael wrote:
I think that some people miss the gravity of the situation.

Even with all of the power and resources of the Citadel.. the power of those of the Blood, the power of the Sorcerers.. Morphael is winning. It was only by bringing back the Fallen Heroes that Morphael's advance has been slowed to almost a stale mate.

The only thing really holding Morphael's forces back are the Fallen Heroes. The Citadel may claim victory but without them Morphael would overrun all of the Reflected Worlds.

Morphael isn't just some evil guy in a tower. He's more powerful than anything the Citadel has seen and he has one objective: making all living beings in the Reflected Worlds his slaves and test subjects.

Fallen Heroes helping Morphael willingly just isn't going to be part of the game. The Citadel would just revoke your resurrections and that would be the end of you.

Ah, its even more severe than I thought. You know its bad if Morph himself says so :shock: .

Well, I can't talk as Morphael all the time :)

You'll see when playing the game that life isn't roses and chocolate. It's a war.. a very dangerous war with very high stakes.

We have a lot of very talented writers painting an epic story that will reveal so much about the world.. which of course you'll have to play through to find out :)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:52 am 

Neverest wrote:
The point of CoS is to play a hero and have worthy adventures. Now I realize the word hero can mean a lot of different things to people. Han Solo, for example, is a hero. He's also a rogue, a smuggler and shot Greedo first. Some people like that kind of hero over, say, a Lone Ranger, who is squeaky clean, never shoots to kill and could put an army of Boy Scouts to shame with his manners and courtesy.

Generally, heroes are not turncoats, traitors or spies for the enemy. Story-wise, if Morphael wins, we and the Citadel all lose. So helping Morphael would not be heroic at all. It would make you a villain. There are games out there for players who want to be the villain but CoS isn't one of them.

This is so true. Just what kind of heroes can we be? Thats something I think will be decided during our Story lines. I dont think Jatar is saying we have to be so squeeky clean our shorts sing our praise, but that we can make decisions that may change how others may see us later or we may even do things that remove a possible ally from our story later.

I agree a hero is not someone who betrays those who trust him. That would be called trash.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:52 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

You will be real heroes. That means you are flawed, but try to keep the balance of things you do on the side of good. You might have to kill someone, but you don't do it casually, or for no reason. We don't stop you, of course, but you pay the price. There is a balance that must be kept by every player, more than you yet realize. So our heroes are not white... but shades of gray (no, not that dumb book/movie).

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:39 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I really must disagree. I'm about 50 shades of white.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:07 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Then I suppose I am 50 shades of gold.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:13 am 
Hero of the Citadel

50 shades of shadow Gold then.... :D

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:32 am 

I'm so many shades of shadow gold that it would implode the universe if i were to write it down! So i win.

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play