CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play

Post subject: Re: Max level
 Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:35 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Morphael wrote:
Raevyn wrote:
***The reason for the asterisk is that, as Jatar mentioned in other threads, we can't always account for the 24/7 player who lives in a basement and has pizza's slid under the door while he plays the game on 3 screens with 3 accounts.

<-- Representing.

And this ^^^^^^ is why I like coming over to your place whenever I can!

"Purging is at last at hand. Day of Doom is here. All that is evil, all their allies; your parents, your leaders, those who would call themselves your judges; those who have lied and corrupted the Earth, they shall all be cleansed." ~Thulsa Doom

Post subject: Re: Leveling in CoS
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:10 pm 
Citadel Guardian

3milve wrote:
I have not found any other information so i'm going to assume that there will be a normal level system. :? If i'm wrong please correct me. ;)
What will the max level be like? ;) Will it be a game where you go to the max level in the first days and then the game begins, or will the game be more about the actual leveling? :D

Yeah, I'm not sure how leveling will be handed in Citadel of Sorcery. So, let me phrase this question in this way: Is leveling in CoS just a way to control the pace at which players get abilities, or does it also represent stat increases which separate players into different strata of power levels? And, if it is the latter, then how will CoS avoid the problems which come with separating players into such strata?

I'm telling you right now--I hate WoW style leveling and what it does to PvE and PvP. And I don't want CoS's style of leveling to be anywhere near it.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:50 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Lunging Wolf wrote:
3milve wrote:
I have not found any other information so i'm going to assume that there will be a normal level system. :? If i'm wrong please correct me. ;)
What will the max level be like? ;) Will it be a game where you go to the max level in the first days and then the game begins, or will the game be more about the actual leveling? :D

Yeah, I'm not sure how leveling will be handed in Citadel of Sorcery. So, let me phrase this question in this way: Is leveling in CoS just a way to control the pace at which players get abilities, or does it also represent stat increases which separate players into different strata of power levels? And, if it is the latter, then how will CoS avoid the problems which come with separating players into such strata?

I'm telling you right now--I hate WoW style leveling and what it does to PvE and PvP. And I don't want CoS's style of leveling to be anywhere near it.

I imagine its more Eve style leveling where its ability and more time based rather then leveling affecting mostly your basic stats. You can level each ability a ton of times unlocking multiple teirs, but unlike eve everything can be "endlessly" leveled with obvious diminishing returns.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:43 am 

Evilbunny wrote:
Lunging Wolf wrote:
3milve wrote:

I imagine its more Eve style leveling where its ability and more time based rather then leveling affecting mostly your basic stats. You can level each ability a ton of times unlocking multiple teirs, but unlike eve everything can be "endlessly" leveled with obvious diminishing returns.

I should dust out the old list of topics,

Abilities: Learning and Study Points (Morphael)

Abilities are learned by reading ancient tomes. You either need to find one in a loot drop, from the auction (another player), or specifically quest for it by researching it at the Library. Anyone can learn any ability as long as they meet the requirements (such as you're at the appropriate Tier or higher).

In order to learn the ability you must currently be enrolled at the correct League. If you want to learn a Hero League ability you must sign up and pay a membership fee per week. You could always join up, learn the ability, and then quit the League but then you will not be able to put skill points into that ability until you re-join the League again.

The cost per week goes up exponentially depending on how many leagues you are currently enrolled in. This is to prevent people from just joining every league and never making a decision between learning skills quickly and the monetary cost to do so.

You can also gain "study points" to put into abilities by using them. We give you X number of points per "level" that you can earn by simply using the ability. After that, you'll need to spend skill points earned from leveling.

We'll detail the system more as time goes on, but that's the long and short of it.

Look Down.....

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Game Play