CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » CoS: General Discussion of the Game

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:33 am 
Patron Herald
Patron Herald

Jatar wrote:
Yes, we have run low on funds, and that has slowed development, though we are still working on it. The thing is, we have gone down the road of this world technology so far, that to change engines at this stage would be too difficult. We've made our bed and we will either get it working, or pack it in. If we were a long way from getting that done, we might have already killed it, but... we're pretty close, or so the programmers tell me.

This is not a foliage system, not really. This is an entire planet generating system. The foliage comes in two systems, a small and large foliage system. We have these, but are just having some issues getting it all working together.

Once done, the small foliage system can generate any kind of small item, grass, flowers, small rocks, dead branches on the ground, dead leaves, etc. The large foliage system can generate any kind of tree, bush, boulder, etc. These happen on a planet wide scale.

The reason we are sticking to this is that it is a unique system. If we even could switch to a different engine, then we would be like all the other MMOs out there. This engine is one of the things that makes the game unique (that, and the game play design as well as the tools for construction, which are also part of this engine).

The whole unique game design is based around this engine, without it, we can't really do the game as it is designed. So we're stuck with trying to finish this up, with a shrinking team, due to low funds.

We have been working on this for more than ten years, without much in the way of outside funds, so it has been very hard, especially at this stage.

But, cross your fingers, if we can get this running decently, we think we have something unique enough to attract a publisher. Only time will tell. It's a race now, we either get this technology to function soon... or run out of funds completely.

The only question is, which will happen first.

We have tried to be honest all the way with people, and we are still being honest.

Thank you for your response and your honesty :) I really hope it will work out for you guys.

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:12 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Me too

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:20 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I agree that you starting up the posts again would be a real boost in the arm to those of us who have been watching the game developed over the last 10 years.--- I also think that you maybe should try a fund raiser again --- you have lots more to show in the way of landscape and terrain and the new depth of the art work raising it up from the 256 system to its 2k level now. Showing the castle building system and such might have people adding to your work funding --- you might be surprised at how well a new kick start might do with all the improvements you have done…

Please keep us informed -- am rooting for the death of your bugs ….

8-) 8-)

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:23 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

rannar wrote:
I agree that you starting up the posts again would be a real boost in the arm to those of us who have been watching the game developed over the last 10 years.--- I also think that you maybe should try a fund raiser again --- you have lots more to show in the way of landscape and terrain and the new depth of the art work raising it up from the 256 system to its 2k level now. Showing the castle building system and such might have people adding to your work funding --- you might be surprised at how well a new kick start might do with all the improvements you have done…

Please keep us informed -- am rooting for the death of your bugs ….

8-) 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3247

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » CoS: General Discussion of the Game